just wondering if any of those more popular mesa/boogie head units are available in Australia for under $2500. This would be around 2 to 2.3 thousand US.
I'm looking for somehting like a Road King, or a single rectifier.
Anything really, as long as its commercially available, i.e. not used.
thanks
is it a head unit? or a combo amp? coz im not a fan of combo amps..
or what if i order a head unit from america? coz i saw a review for a single recto head someone got for around 1300 US...
Quote by KingNando
just not a fan though

Why? Unless you're trying to compensate for something, there's no reason to be opposed to combo amps.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by KingNando
is it a head unit? or a combo amp? coz im not a fan of combo amps..

And I thought people on this forum couldn't get any more stupid...
Quote by thebrewfan
And I thought people on this forum couldn't get any more stupid...

reported.

and i just dont like the general look of combo amps.
dont know why. i just prefer heads and cabs.
if youre opposed to this for some reason, i dont really care, dont post useless un-neccessary posts.

so what if i buy from america, i've just seen a fair few mesa heads for under 1500 US..
how do you guys think it would go if i wanted to get an amp head shipped to AUS ?
and i just dont like the general look of combo amps.

So I was right. You want to spend more money and quite possibly settle for a ****ty amp because you think a half-stack will make your penis look bigger. The fact that you're looking for a Rectifier only support this theory.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
So I was right. You want to spend more money and quite possibly settle for a ****ty amp because you think a half-stack will make your penis look bigger. The fact that you're looking for a Rectifier only support this theory.

My penis has nothing to do with anything.
im looking for a rectifier because i've heard nothing but good things about them, and mesa in general. so unless you can suggest an amp that conforms to 'nu-metal' style playing, with high gain, no feedback, etc, AND an amp that no one has anything bad to say about, stop being a prick, and stop covering your own 'little insecurities', and go somewhere else.
while i agree that halfstacks are unnecessary most of the time, in this case it might be a better idea. if you get a head shipped from the us it will be alot cheaper than shipping a combo because of weight and size. however you will still need to get a cabinet locally
Quote by Archeo Avis

At first I was thinking, what a d1ck. Now it's like pwned.

I have to agree actually.

If you want a stack it should be because you like the extra low end, thicker sound, and ability to mix and match heads with cabs. Not, combos don't look as cool. The standard rectifiers aren't worth looking into either. For $2000USD you could buy any Mesa except for the roadking. In which case I would look into the Roadster, Mark IV (can mimic the roadking well), F-100, Triaxis+ power amp.

You don't need a porsche if you have a big penis.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio