ok here is wats up.. im a lead guitarist in a band but the only problem is that wen ever i go up and play my solo it sounds like complete ****!!! idk if its just me becuz my band thinks it sounds fine.. but it seems like its just the corniest solo in the world.. but b4 i even come up with it i plan it out in my mind and then i play it.. but it doesnt sound the same as i would like it to.. if someone could give me some tips on this.. ive only been playin for 2 years but im pretty good.. and the solos i work on i try 2 get them almost the style that slash plays.. if someone can help me out i would be very thankfull
I think you should play your solos in the style you play, not someone else. I think that would make it more original and less 'already-done'. It's cool to be influenced by other artists, but don't try to emulate them. Find your own style, and maybe incorporate some of their's in with it if that's what ya want on a particular song...... but do you know how many slash imitators out there? A lot. yea, he's good, and he's got some cool stuff you might want use to flare up your stuff, but you need some of your stuff to do it.....

and you might wanta work on phrasing, that'll help a lot. http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/columns/the_guide_to/phrasing_for_dummies.html

idk, other than that I can't help much.

edit: on a side note, I just popped a HELLASHISH pimple right above my eyebrow, it was awesome!!!! I literally heard it pop! damn... now it won't quit bleeding.... *goes to get some toilet paper to mash on his head*
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Jan 26, 2008,
Quote by The4thHorsemen

edit: on a side note, I just popped a HELLASHISH pimple right above my eyebrow, it was awesome!!!! I literally heard it pop! damn... now it won't quit bleeding.... *goes to get some toilet paper to mash on his head*

Anyways, is it your tone/effect? When you play it before you go on, are you plugging it through an amp/processor? Also, then venue you're in can really mess up your sound if the acoustics are bad.