I have a old hondo H35 acoustic guitar and i've been trying to find another one thats exactally the same ( without all the scratches of course) but i can not find ane anywhere, can any of you guys help?
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T
Why without the scratches? The scratches gives it the vintage look....plus it is possible it wont sound as good as your old hondo.
i know i will still have it, i just want another one for show.......

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

i can't find it ANYWHERE...

no, i meant i can't find the guitar on the internet, but i do know where my guitar is it's right next to me, i'll post a picture of it now. Though basically i was given this guitar and it's a copy of a martin D35 acoustic, but made by Hondo, i just want another one, i'll still keep my older one though.

Patience, patience. Too much eagerness from your side can turn Hondo into another much-sought-after cult brand with sky rocketing prizes. Succeeding can be harder than you think. Hondo's in their days were very reasonably prized guitars, so people had no big incentive to treat them particularly carefull. Kids put stickers on them, and a lot were taken out for basking and campsite playing and many ended their lives in misery. There must be a few, however, that came into the hands of beginners who soon decided to abort the start and put their new Hondo in a closet never to touch it again. You won't find that guitar through this forum though, for here are only people who made the take off. That means that we either cherish our old Hondo's and won't part of them no matter what, or did away with them years ago.
Nice try, but you'll have to look elsewhere.
darn it, my dad was given one for a birthday present like 15 or 20 years ago and when i started guitar lessons, he gave it to me , i put one bad into the wood scratch in it and i just wanted another one to show so it's ok, but i love my hondo acoustic, it's great guitar and it has a nice sound, it just sucks that i can't get another one.

Don't worry. I am a dad myself and I won't kill any of my kids for merely scratching a guitar. Punching one out maybe, or breaking a limb, but killing? Probably not. Not intentionally at least.
ha ha, even though i won't find one here, do you know where i could find one?

I'm afraid you're taking a bit of an unusual approach here. There are basically three different markets for used guitars.

First and most high profile is the trade in genuine vintage instruments. There the buyers usually formulate their demands the way you do, like: 'I want a 1940's Martin D40 asap'.

Second and biggest in volume is the trade in playable used instruments. There the intention of the buyer is merely to get playing without spending the money needed to buy a new instrument. No one keeps track of brand names here, although a Yamaha will do slightly more than a Hondo of the same vintage and quality. Most buyers will not be too interested, as long as they get value for money.

Third and least important is the scrap market where non functional, no name guitars switch ownership. Here people like myself or our infamous scrapheap engineer/UG-member Dix-Fix get their material from, mostly for free and sometimes even a Hondo. For sure you don't want that guitar.

Your Hondo is for sale somewhere in the large second category, and to find it you'll need a lot of luck. Going from shop to shop and checking out e-bay every other hour will increase your chances. It may take years before you succeed.
Really the only way to make sure you'll get one quick is spreading word among the first category traders that you are willing to spend an awfull lot of money. No doubt they will get what you want in no time.
Last edited by Marcel Veltman at Jan 28, 2008,
dang.........maybe it would be better if i sold my hondo and bought a different guitar!, there has to be someone wanting to buy one out there!

It's been a few months now. I found one.

It's price: $2500 It got sold already.

Gar.......................

Hey
I have acquired a hondo acoustic electric guitar...

the model number reads H35OENT.

I have no clue if it is the Hondo H35 you are looking for, or a Hondo H350.

Like I said, it is acoustic electric and I can find no information on it.

I am trying to sell it, but I don't know if it is a diamond in the rough or just another guitar.

it is decent condition, but has a few scratches. The back of the body has a small break/crack in the finish.

I am not looking to rip you off if you want it. It would be nice to know it is going to someone who will appreciate it.

It sounds great.

Lemme know if you want it. I have pictures also. email me at rtolway@gmail.com
Hey, you may have already found your answer with the most recent post but I've got an acoustic Hondo H35, 1987, virtually no scratches, which based on your original post sounds more like what you're looking for. I am not entirely sure that I am ready to sell it but if you're interested I can send you some pictures of the instrument.

Parker
I also have a Hondo H35, but it is the H35HS model and has extensive inlays up the neck. I would be interested in buying another. Could you send me pictures of your H35 to see if it is the same.