i currently own the ampeg BA-115T and i was wondering how i would go about disconnecting the annoying piezo thing in it, i dont even know how i would open the thing.
There's no L-Pad at the back?

And are you SURE you want to disconnect it? My 15" cab tops out at 3500Hz, which is just not even close to being high enough in this day and age of bass amplification. You'll probably hate the non-piezo tone more than the piezo tone.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
im a complete noob when it comes to this kind of stuff, so i have no idea what an l-pad is. Oh and I was going to try and see what the amp sounded like without the piezo and if i didnt like it i would connect it again, so maybe i should have asked if that was possible.
Sorry, I'm not an electronics dude. I really can't help you beyond cutting the wire that connects the tweeter

The L-Pad should be a dial at the back of the cab that you can rotate. It should control tweeter volume.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
There should be a thing at the very bottom in the center. It'll have something like +1, +2, +3 and so on, on the right and -1, -2, -3 on the left. Twist the little thingy to the left and that'll turn off your tweeter. My schools amp is the BA-115.
Quote by tieler09
i currently own the ampeg BA-115T and i was wondering how i would go about disconnecting the annoying piezo thing in it, i dont even know how i would open the thing.

HF units are now an accepted thing and in most cases a requirment when choosing a cab/combo, gone are the days when Basses just produced a dull thud for a note.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by John Swift
HF units are now an accepted thing and in most cases a requirment when choosing a cab/combo, gone are the days when Basses just produced a dull thud for a note.

Iunno... they still make Ampeg 810's...

Yeah, I had a bad experience with one... and I don't know if it was the cab or the whole night which I just blame the cab for. But regardless, tweeters are crucial.
Quote by Cody_Grey102