So Im going to Mexico this summer and I am planning on buying an acoustic from Paracho, Michoacan. According to my family memebers over there, they have some pretty nice guitars and are relatively cheap and are handmade. I also played my cousin's acoustic last summer and it sounded decent and had an ok fretboard. But I want more info from other people so:

Does anyone have any experience playing guitars that were made in Mexico?

and how much does a hardshell case for an acoustic costs or could i bring the guitar with me as carrion luggage on the way back?

Thanks
I once ate candy made in mexico and I got sick.
Real eyes realise real lies.
Uh i played some at a flea market on the boarder of mexico. The One i played was really good but it cost $500. But It played like a thousand dollar guitar. And Travel Cases are like $80 on musicansfriend
Quote by JessicaGonzo
Uh i played some at a flea market on the boarder of mexico. The One i played was really good but it cost $500. But It played like a thousand dollar guitar. And Travel Cases are like $80 on musicansfriend

Yea, but the guitars im talking about are made in Central Mexico.

Quote by Zeh
I once ate candy made in mexico and I got sick.

Irrelevant... you and your tasteless candy and jellybeans and skittles and hersheys...
dang it im hungry now. Wouldnt mind skittles right now...
I don't have any personal experience with authentic Mexican guitars(not the stuff that Fender and Martin make there), but I've heard good things about the town you speak of. Here's what I would do: head to a good guitar store before you leave for your trip. Play the very best they have to offer and be as thorough as possible. Take note of which characteristics you like, as well as those you do not. Keep those things in mind as you go guitar hunting in Mexico. If nothing really speaks to you there, forget about it and keep saving for whichever ridiculously expensive American guitar that floats your boat. If you do end up buying something down there, plan on keeping it for a long time. You won't have an easy time unloading it should you want to get rid of it at some point.
I use a nylon acoustic guitar from Paracho and it has served me well.
YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE FROM THE DOOM DOOM DOOM

My Equipment:
Schecter Omen FR
Fender Frontman 25
Digitech Distortion Factory