hi. i have a Squier Stop Dreaming Start playing Affinity Strat and a Fender Frontman G15 amp and there's something wrong with my cable or amp or something.
i turn on the amp and the amp works the red light is on and i can hear feedback and stuff but when i play, the amp doesn't amplify the sound...

does anybody have any suggestions?
This will sound like i'm being a smartass but im not. Are your volumes (guitar AND amp) and any gain control on your amp turned up? It could be something small, like your cable. Those cables that come in those starter packs tend to be complete junk.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Does the sound cut in and out at all? Fiddle around with the cable and see if you can get anything out of it. I've never really seen a cable just up and quit without a period of cutting in and out.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
yeah that happened like a few hours ago but now it just doesn't...
that's ok, im ordering a new cable online anyways, hope it works...

thanks
No problem. Is it the kind of cable that has a metal cover under the tip that you can screw down to see the wiring or not? If it's the kind with the metal ends, it could be fairly easily repaired.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86