so i walk into the guitar store in the mall w/ my recently modded SG (proudly !!) and tell em i would like to try some effect pedals...and asked if they actually had a whammy that i could try out. they did and we hooked the gear up. i start fiddlin a lil bit w/ the harmonizers and then get the octave up settings...
next thing i know i'm messin w/ my killswitch w/ the ocvtaves up and pullin some Tom Morello esque riffs that starts to turn heads. shop guy goes "hey how did you get that done?" referring to the killswitch and i told him how all i needed was $3 for a switch and amateur soldering ability+10 minutes. he was intrigued and called his coworker over and was like "hey! you gotta check what this kid did to his guitar." and they watch as i'm doin more riffs and leadwork and i told them that i listen to too much Rage and Buckethead stuff so i was convinced on puttin one in. soon everyone in the guitar sound room is kinda gatherin in a big group while i'm layin down some cool stuff and feeling the music w/ passion. i was really feelin good playin all that it was awesome lol. had a lil audience, people from outside the guitar store in the mall were walkin by and stoppin a lil. the guy showin me the pedal even stopped me the first time 3 minutes in and said "hey, lemme check that out for a min" and i let him b/c i figured he loved the sound of my guitar and he did, he was quite impressed w/ the quality of sound and playability. he ended up playin bout 10 minutes on that pedal before he was like "here you beter take this back or i'll never stop playin this pedal" lol....

it was fun tho, im lookin to go back and buy that pedal monday. i have a feelings it's gonna be one of those pedals that doesn't get boring to mess w/ for a WHILE

thanx for readin this stupidly long post, i felt like sharing my personal experience w/ the (guitarist) family that i love

word to ur mothers

-Sharpie
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
it's nice when people watch you play
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange 4x12 w/ Vintage 30s

Quote by druz15_UG
LPDave wins the internet!!!
Wall o text.
In the future you should separate your walls into structures called sentences, thereby making it easier for your fellow UG'ers to read. Hence assuring more responses and more responses pertaining to the thought and/or topic.

See... You could have avoided this.
Do you use a BR-600?
If so, click here to join the group thats made for you!
Cool.....
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
sounds pretty furking sweet the best i got was when i was in a guitar store messing with a randall, just chugging on a low B (seven string) while fifflding with the mids and contour.etc. and some kid was like 'woah you're like really really good!' ... he seemed pretty damn serious...
to metallicaa, i did not capitalize every first word in my sentences but i did put them into ****in sentences so don't try to ruin my night w/ your excuse of an insult. just like real family, sometimes i wanna rip their damn head off and stick it in the back yard.

anyways, the guitar/amp section had 11 or 12 people in it, i wasn't tryin to imply that i was playin a mini concert, just that for once i was playin for a good handful of complete strangers (well sometimes at church it's similar) and they were likin it. i'm the kind of player who goes in the music store and keeps the volume low so only myself and someone close by can hear me so that way i don't have to deal w/ criticism or people trying to outdo me. this time i had a few seconds of glory and enjoyed it. i know everyone else in here gets one of these moments every once in a while!! it's a good feeling to know your hard work and practice is actually paying off

thanx for readin once again
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
That's cool, whammy pedals are awesome I got one Thursday but didn't get a power supply until now and I can't stop using it.
Quote by TNfootballfan62
Cool.....

+1.......
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
haha yea i know my story isn't mindblowin, jus for fun really
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
yeah whammy's are real cool, I hope to get one sometime within the year
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
well i'm hopin that i wont get pedal crazy and end up doin w/ my current setup what i told myself i wouldn't...which is drown the tone out w/ pedals!!

rite now it's guitar into amp. in a couple days it'll be guitar into whammy into amp, and within a week (give or take some days? for my vox to finally get in...) it'll be guitar into wah, whammy, and amp. but i still feel like i need somethin for cleans...like a chorus.

and maybe eventually i'll buy a MXR 6 band EQ....but not for a while seeing how my tone is quite great w/o an EQ anyway. no need in buyin before i actually feel like i need it.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
GOODJOB! I always crank stuff in the GC to piss them off sinece its linked to other buildings and they get noise complaints all the time.
Quote by electrik
congradulations.

+1
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
i tried the whammy.. is awsum but id never use it for anything but as an octave pedal.

yeah its really encouraging when people say ur good. ive gotten that before but only from people who dont know what they are talking about. eg a 6 yr old after i play him a satch song. its hard for me to tell if i have talent cause i havent been playing for much more than a year. you must be good though if people noticed you in the shop.
Erm... well done?
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
just to be clear, i was more or less just telling everyone what i did and pretty much that i'm prolly buying that whammy tommorow, not so much on the fact that people were standin an watchin, it's just part of what happened when i went in there, i just wanted to give most of the details and such.

i wanted to play some Rage but for some reason i couldn't remember any of the whammy solos so i was like...ok, i'll just mess around and make somethin up. that's the first time i've ever really wanted to play a band's song while testing something out in a guitar store...

usually i feel like i'm not qualified to play a cover of a song in a guitar store unless i can do it equally as good as the original....cuz there's always someone else in the store waiting to hear someone play Back in Black or Highway to Hell or even Crazy Train just so they can turn up their amp and try to dish it out better.

showing off to newbies in a guitar store= conceited (IMHO)

however, playing the same thing you'd play if no one were watching= appopriate (imo, what i do)
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
gj
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
I don't really think you have to justify what you typed.
I'd be just as proud if people gathered around me to watch me play.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
an entire shop full of people had never seen a killswitch!?!?
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
i know what you mean, but with as much showboatin that goes around i hate to be hypocritical! but when it all comes down to it i play b/c it's fun, not b/c other people will like me more or somethin. BUT when other people dig what you're playing, it kinda shows that whatever you're doing is leading you in the right direction as far as growing as a guitarist goes.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
this shop is 10 minutes from Camp Lejeune, biggest amphibious base on east coast (in the country?) so it's always got tons of marines lookin for gear. it's wierd, i figured EVERY guitar player who really had a passion for playing would also have an account with UG....but alas....they must have accounts with Cyberfret.com or somethin wierd like that! lol...jk....
i'm sure one or two mite have seen one, but i think most people, the ones who aren't completely passionate bout learning to play AND understanding the instrument itself, just leave their guitars how they are or have professionals change the pups/pots/switches/etc.

otherwise everyone in there would be like "hey, i did that last week to mine and i even got the same switch"

lol even my salesman was like "hey how much did it cost u to get that done?"
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
out of interest:

why did you put a killswitch when you can roll down one volume control and flick the selector?

or is it a button one?
yes it is a button one.
i would have put a switch one in if i had liked that idea better....

WHY a switch if i could do it the other way you ask?

simply: during songs i switch between both pups so to have another switch solely for killswitching would be ideal- i would not have to roll the volume back up on the neck pup and switch (which in the middle of a fast song could be quite noticeable) to it, instead i could just use the switch whenever i felt like it without touching any other controls. ALSO, during our service at church, whenever there was a small prayer in btw songs, i could just flip the killswitch on and not have to worry if my hand grazed on the strings.

really when you look at it, the switch would be ideal for little nitpicky things, but it's MY guitar and if i want a lil nitpicky problem taken care of, that's what i do!!

i hope that was well explained for ya buddy, thanx again to all those who read an all
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Fair enough man, that sounds cool then. Getting a Whammy soon yeah?
The crowd thing actually sounds pretty cool, it's happened to me a couple of times but not to that extent haha.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr

i can imagine you in a church service with an SG with a killswitch and a whammy

lol trust me i wish i could use my gear to it's full potential in praise songs. i will find a way to mix in the whammy with a couple songs, somehow.

but yea, killswitch and whammy are more for MY personal usage

i mean if all my gear were just for church purposes, i wouldn't need this gain monster all tube randall....i'd just need a VJ w/ a tube screamer maybe....

but i always find a way to incorporate some of my own influences into our songs, in TASTEFUL ways mine you, not overdone
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by Mettliccaa
Wall o text.
In the future you should separate your walls into structures called sentences, thereby making it easier for your fellow UG'ers to read. Hence assuring more responses and more responses pertaining to the thought and/or topic.

See... You could have avoided this.

dont be a A S S F A C E. ya man dont be flaming its the internet not english 30-1.

and good for you TS i love when that happens especially when theres a group of hot soccer player chicks. :P
^He didn't flame, he was just asking for a little structure. It helps people understand what you're trying to say if you use something close to decent English.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
well if u were to go back and read my original post, does it really look like it doesn't have any structure? the only thing i didn't do was capitalize the first letter of the first word of every sentence....

i don't want to have to feel like i'm in English when i'm on UG, i think the usual way i post and type is very ledgeable and easy to read/comprehend.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
^Yeah, your post was fairly easy to understand. I just don't necessarily think someone should be called an "A S S F A C E" for asking for more structure.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
lol it's UG what do you expect. i appreciate people sticking up for someone online when they think it's necessary (specially for me lol) but the fact is that someone who is publicly embarrassed over the internet will be stubborn and not likely admit to being wrong.

anyways, back on topic,

any of you ever walk into a guitar store w/ ur own guitar that you modded in some way and they be intrigued by it? or somethin similar?
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH