Poll Options
View poll results: who is better
Venom
5 38%
Metallica
8 62%
Voters: 13.
Which band is better?

I'd take Venom anyday. Welcome to hell and Black Metal are better then anything Metallica has ever made in their whole careers. Venom is just way better. Personally I think Metallica is very overrated.
Completely different bands in different genres. Posts like this are why many frown upon "vs" threads.
Metallica - Thrash/Heavy

Venom - Black/death.

Not a good comparison.
Live as a man. Die as a man. Become a man.

That's the proof of your incompetence, right there.
You lack the qualifications to exercise free will.
Metallica is far better...

and Venom would probably even tell you that... LMAO
High Templar of the UG Secret Society
PM SickMetal or Sanitarium24 to join.
aNOMaly
As far as I'm concerned... There is no argument to be had.
Also pretty soon the votes will turn to 66.6 percent for Metallica. Which just go's to show you that even HE agrees.
Do you use a BR-600?
If so, click here to join the group thats made for you!
Last edited by Mettliccaa at Jan 26, 2008,
Actually, Cronos would try to tell you that they invented thrash before Metallica and that James and Co. ripped him off (but that would probably just be so that Metal Hammer had a tag line for a one-page interview with him). The rest of the guys that used to be in Venom would tell you Metallica is better...

I'd say Metallica were always better. Kill Em All has that punk/thrash vibe that Venom had. Metallica have always just been better musicians and songwriters. There's a reason that bands get huge - its called talent.
Quote by Mexican Militia
Metallica - Thrash/Heavy

Venom - Black/death.

Not a good comparison.

Venom is not death. Obviously you never heard anything from them

Actually they don't like metallica at all

I do believe so. We could even see if Metallica wanted to open for us. Actually, we couldn't do that because they're crap (laughs). I think they need to take the word 'metal' out of the name.
Obviously you're an idiot. Venom are a bunch of talentless wankers who sung about Satan to get some attention.

Give up.
I am of this opinion as well...

Venom has no talent.
aNOMaly
Quote by giantsfanftw
Yep Fall Out Boy have ****load of talent huh?

Actually when it comes to writing an album full of catchy pop that 14 year old girls go crazy for, I'd say Fall Out Boy a very ****ing talented. Its takes a lot more talent to be simple and catchy than it does to play fast.
Quote by to_the_grave
Actually when it comes to writing an album full of catchy pop that 14 year old girls go crazy for, I'd say Fall Out Boy a very ****ing talented. Its takes a lot more talent to be simple and catchy than it does to play fast.

It really isn't that hard. Have you heard their songs? They are simple as hell.
Quote by to_the_grave

Yeah that thing that's catchy is that the girls all think there hot. You could make absolute **** music, but as long as your hot. The girls will go crazy.
Do you use a BR-600?
Sweet, a lame ass thread.

Venom all the way, but this thread will be locked soon.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Wow you guys are ****ing idiots. They have no talent compared to who? Metallica? Do you know how ****ing easy metallica songs are to play? And the solos which are just pentatonic scale over and over again.

And lol @ the guy who is actually saying FOB has talent
Quote by TranquilNight
It really isn't that hard. Have you heard their songs? They are simple as hell.

Exactly I dunno wth that guy is talking about

Probably never even heard Venom before
Since when does playability constitute a method of judgement? Art is in the eye of the beholder.
Quote by giantsfanftw
Wow you guys are ****ing idiots. They have no talent compared to who? Metallica? Do you know how ****ing easy metallica songs are to play? And the solos which are just pentatonic scale over and over again.

Videos of you playing, or it ain't true.

EDIT: I'm leaving, before I do something stupid and get banned.
Do you use a BR-600?
Quote by giantsfanftw

hi, sorry, but the scale that a player chooses doesn't have anything to do with difficulty...

and its not really just pentatonic scales, because he uses a lot of passing tones... and he actually uses a lot of other scales...

not that hes the greatest but I think he is good, and definitely better than Venom, and you.
aNOMaly
I said "they are talented at what they do"...

Are you saying that Venom have written more complicated solos? Teacher's Pet is a lame blues scale run.

And their songs are nowhere near as complicated as anything from Master of Puppets or ...Justice.
Quote by `NeXxuS`
hi, sorry, but the scale that a player chooses doesn't have anything to do with difficulty...

and its not really just pentatonic scales, because he uses a lot of passing tones... and he actually uses a lot of other scales...

not that hes the greatest but I think he is good, and definitely better than Venom, and you.

Nah brother he mostly uses pentatonic scale for the solo. What other scales does he use?

Venom is better then Metallica plain and simple. Metallica sucked even before losing their bassist.
Quote by giantsfanftw
Nah brother he mostly uses pentatonic scale for the solo. What other scales does he use?

Venom is better then Metallica plain and simple. Metallica sucked even before losing their bassist.

Where ever I may roam is in Phrygian Dominant... for example.
aNOMaly
Quote by `NeXxuS`
Where ever I may roam is in Phrygian Dominant... for example.

Is that all?

BTW Where ever I may roam is easy as **** to play. That is beginner stuff.
This thread has a terrible lack of salt.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by giantsfanftw
Is that all?

BTW Where ever I may roam is easy as **** to play. That is beginner stuff.

BTW, I don't see how Where ever I may Roam is easy to you... yet you think Venom is the end all be all of music...

SORRY but your just a black metal fan boy, no better than the fall out boy girls...

and no, that isn't all... but arguing with fan boys is pointless.
aNOMaly
Quote by `NeXxuS`
BTW, I don't see how Where ever I may Roam is easy to you... yet you think Venom is the end all be all of music...

SORRY but your just a black metal fan boy, no better than the fall out boy girls...

and no, that isn't all... but arguing with fan boys is pointless.

I don't think Venom is the greatest **** at all. But they are sure as hell better then Metallica. I use to like Metallica untill I found way better bands and realize just how overrated they actually are.
Quote by `NeXxuS`
Metallica is far better...

lol...

this thread is ghey.

Metallica are far better musicians, even though I like Venom more.

And Venom are thrash

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by dead-fish
This thread has a terrible lack of salt.

**** Salt!

btw Venoms better, they influenced metallica alot. and theyre more gritty
Quote by raise_the_dead
Technical farts in odd time signatures?

WTF do you eat?

Quote by metabolicmaggot
Wow these answers scare me....I've swallowed some of that suff....I need a shower.
I voted Venom because i personaly think that metalica is overated and they somewhat sold out