I recently replaced the speaker in one of my blues juniors with a Warehouse Speakers green beret and now whenever i hold certain notes the amp rattles and vibrates. It only stops when you press really hard on the baffle board on the front of the amp. What is the cause of this?
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
something sounds loose to me.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
any wires/cables behind the speaker? all the screws in tight? i know the stock speaker rattled when i turned mine up. my new weber one doesn't...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Yeah i totally screwed up on the speaker cable install... that was intelligent... where can you buy speaker cable like that?

Those cables are behind the speaker and all the warranty and parts in there... i think i'll just have to open it up again and see whats up. maybe solder the speaker cable to the speaker instead of the tags which are broken...
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
2 Fender Blues Juniors
? u broke the lugs?

...? there's two on for each polarity... how did u wire the speaker? did u just use that short cable that came in stock? i put new speaker cables in. grabbed two of'em in the same length, wired it to a mono jack. then i used a normal speaker cable and just went straight into the jack...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Uhh i broke the speaker cable off the old speaker.... then i tried jamming it into the lugs and bent them outta shape. Great idea.

But uhm no i need new speaker cable like that now or at least i need to clip off the tags and solder it on to the lugs.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
2 Fender Blues Juniors
mm soldering them on the lugs would probably increase stability of the wire/lug connection. that might do something.

if i read ur post correctly, that cheap connection that u only jammed on might be shaking from the speaker vibrating. the connection going on/off rapidly and stuff...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Hmm could be. I'll solder on the cables tomorrow and check for loose screws and clip out all the warranty info and see what that does for it.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
2 Fender Blues Juniors