I need to build me a good pedal board that will:
- Fit all of my pedals on the one thing (in a 2-storey design)
- Fit all of my pedal power adapters
- And is easily transported and set up

Basically it was going to be a big piece of wood for the base with a raised storey along the top edge that will fit a row of power adapters underneath so they don't get in the way...

Kind of like John Frusciante's pedalboard, but not as big:

Here's a picture of my pedalboard at the moment...

I want to get the Fender channel switcher, Boss Delay, Boss Noise Suppressor and the Korg tuner on the raised top level and the rest all just straight next to each other... maybe even have the Line 6 MM4 (big blue thing) up on the top too...

Also how would you go about transporting a thing like this? How would John Frusciante's roadies do it?
Nice pic of John's pedalboard

That's how They do it:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio 2005
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
EHX Q-Tron +
Line 6 FM-4 Filter Modeler
Fender CD60 Acoustic
John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub.
Last edited by Karol1701 at Jan 27, 2008,
^ exactly I remeber when on my gig Dave was carrying a ona piece... and then another... was pretty funny because that big guy had some problems with it.
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
EHX Q-Tron +
Fender CD60 Acoustic
What kind of a pedal board is that in the pic? And could you please explain your signal chain, lol, I've been trying to figure it out for the last 15 minutes.
Like good folk/indie music? Check us out at www.myspace.com/mckenzieshae
ARRGH, MATEYS!! I Be a PIT PIRATE!! sworn enemy of the PIT NINJAS! I am the 30th pit pirate to sail under the great command of justinhawkins, MATEYS! (pm justinhawkins to join)
Quote by The_Marshall_Gu
What kind of a pedal board is that in the pic? And could you please explain your signal chain, lol, I've been trying to figure it out for the last 15 minutes.

I think it's just a custom made pedalboard. Dave did it or someone who knows how to do such things.

And I see now that it should be reversed... I mean...
Fender Strat/Epi --> Boss DS-2-->EHX Big Muff-->Ibanez WH-10-->Boss CH-1-->Ibanez LU-10-->Laney VC-15
and Fender CD-60BLK is an acoustic
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
EHX Q-Tron +
Fender CD60 Acoustic
Lol, sorry, I geuss I wasn't very clear. Your signal chain made sense to me, What I dont get is the signal chain in the TS's picture, and what kind of a pedal board he has.
ARRGH, MATEYS!! I Be a PIT PIRATE!! sworn enemy of the PIT NINJAS! I am the 30th pit pirate to sail under the great command of justinhawkins, MATEYS! (pm justinhawkins to join)
^ so its not a question to me right? ok sorry
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
EHX Q-Tron +
Fender CD60 Acoustic
Quote by The_Marshall_Gu
Lol, sorry, I geuss I wasn't very clear. Your signal chain made sense to me, What I dont get is the signal chain in the TS's picture, and what kind of a pedal board he has.

You obviously don't play teh some kind of br00talz.

Quote by Karol1701
^ so its not a question to me right? ok sorry

No big deal, lol. Another thign I dont understand is what the hell the guy above me is talking about
^ yeah... it's pretty confusing for me also
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
EHX Q-Tron +
Fender CD60 Acoustic
i think the threadstarter has all of his pedals (except the volume pedal, the tuner and the delay) in a loop coming off his ns-2.

so it goes guitar -> tuner -> ns2 (wah -> whammy -> octave ->ds1 -> guvnor -> mm4) -> delay -> volume -> amp
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
i think the threadstarter has all of his pedals (except the volume pedal, the tuner and the delay) in a loop coming off his ns-2.

so it goes guitar -> tuner -> ns2 (wah -> whammy -> octave ->ds1 -> guvnor -> mm4) -> delay -> volume -> amp

You're exactly right!
Yes it baffles everyone who sees it... whenever I play a gig with my band, someone usually asks me about it... or just says I have way too much ****... which is true.

And the board that I have is just a CNB pedal case.... its like a briefcase but the lid comes off with the pedals on it... this is a big pain in the ass now because I have to transport my other pedals separately (the ones that aren't in the box in the pic) which destroys most of the point of having a pedalboard... and I also have to unplug everything (the power supply chain, the patch cables...) I hate it...
Plus it's turning into a 3-level thing now cause its so unorganized... its hard to reach everything...
Well, if you ever decide to sell that pedalboard to fund your new one hit me up, lol, its the perfect size for my pedals.
Quick side question, if your pedals are running off batteries, do you really have to unplug the inputs each time you're through?

So do professional boards have AC adaptors to each of the pedals, and all in one power strip so you only have to plug one cord into the wall?
Quote by flashbandit
Quick side question, if your pedals are running off batteries, do you really have to unplug the inputs each time you're through?

So do professional boards have AC adaptors to each of the pedals, and all in one power strip so you only have to plug one cord into the wall?

If you're pedals are running off batteries, you have to unplug the input to the pedal (not the output, just input) to save battery time... otherwise it keeps "running"...

If you get the right power supply, you can run numerous pedals off of the one supply, rather than just one single pedal.
In my rig I have one power supply for all of the pedals (except for the whammy and Line 6 blue thing)
Bringin back up the ol' threadsy...

Just thought I'd update y'all on this ridiculous pedalboad business... My dad and I built this two story thing that packs up like a suitcase (a ****ing heavy one at that) and is about the size of a bass guitar case but fatter and weighs a ton...

Here's a live pic of my band at our last show in December last year that shows the board...

There's me on the left (closest, in the Bootsy Collins glasses) and my board...
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=139251864&albumID=2046180&imageID=30376220

And again, the closest one...
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=139251864&albumID=2046180&imageID=30381890
nice pics man, it's a bit of a necrobump, but seeing as it's progress it's okay
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by deftonesordie
nice pics man, it's a bit of a necrobump, but seeing as it's progress it's okay

Yeah I went digging in the graveyard for some interesting threads of mine and this came up so I decided to update it

The board is rather handy... the top story pedals just lift off and slip underneath the top story level (just above the bottom story ones in the back of the box) and I slide some foam in to hold it all down and hook the hinged lid on over the bottom story pedals... it takes two people to carry the whole thing (or one (me) if I'm in a hurry and everyone else has conveniently disappeared) and slots in nicely in the boot of my car