So yeah Im looking into buying a Bass and amp

Ive been looking around, and Ive found lots of 'budget' basses, not many looked very appealing... Im looking for something that is of decent quality (nothing steller but not a Squire) and something thats cheep, budget is around $250, maybe as high as around $300.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Millennium-BXP-4String-Bass-Guitar?sku=511369

is the one im thinking about... it looks good, is within my budget, and has generally good reviews...

As far as an amp goes, Im lost.. I know nothing about what to look for. Except that it needs to be cheap... preferably around $100 or less. It doesnt have to be big, just something for my room/dorm sized.

So basically im looking for advice, Bass suggestions... amp suggestions

Thanks
I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
-Mohandas Gandhi
BTW im looking for something thats good for like Classic and Prog rock. And something slapable
I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
-Mohandas Gandhi
Can't you get those Millenium basses with practice amps? As a package I mean?
ಥ_ಥ
If I could that would be perfect
-Mohandas Gandhi
Get an Ibanez bass. They're good to start out on, plus the tone is normally awesome. As for amps, get something like a 20 watt peavey or ashdown amp. 20 watts is good for room practice, don't expect to gig with it though
get a squire Vintage modified jazz? It's not the same as other squires. It is versitile and you can slap on it, and it's really not of much lower quality than a MIM standard fender.

For the amp, see what you like in music stores, you're gonna probably have an 8in speaker at that price and zero decent tone. One tip, avoid behringer at all costs.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
get a squire Vintage modified jazz? It's not the same as other squires. It is versitile and you can slap on it, and it's really not of much lower quality than a MIM standard fender.

For the amp, see what you like in music stores, you're gonna probably have an 8in speaker at that price and zero decent tone. One tip, avoid behringer at all costs.

Thanks for the advice about Behringer...

Its odd that the "Dont do this" advice is the best
-Mohandas Gandhi