For the past while, I've been flip flopping on which tele I wanted and I couldn't make up my mind. Highway 1, lite ash, american, koa, palo escrito, 72 custom, 72 deluxe, american deluxe, baja, etc. I've been going insane and running back and forth between them all. I couldn't decide.
So, I've decided to grab a standard MIM tele in black (possibly sunburst or arctic white, but probably black) and put in Custom Texas Special tele pickups. I will also swap the neck with a warmoth neck (maybe birdseye maple, maybe flame maple, but I definitely want the neck wood and fretboard to be the same wood- opinions?). I am swapping the neck because I heard that's where the mexi quality suffers most. I will obviously try to find the MIM tele in the highest quality as possible, though.
My question is: what else should I do? I want the end result to be a very nice tele I can have my whole entire life, and only upgrade. I'm sick of selling guitars and buying new ones. I wanna have "my own" guitar. One that I will never sell, but only upgrade. If that makes sense.
Should I replace the bridge too? 3 saddle bridges seem better to me. Any sweet pickguard replacement ideas?
Any opinions are greatly appreciated.
Thank you for reading.
add a mid pickup like the nashville tele, and get the brass barrel bridge. get a bigsby maybe depending on what music you like, and put up pics/recordings when done.
good luck

ohhh and abalone inlays!!!
Quote by the.spine.surfs

But really, asking the pit for relationship advice is like asking a girl with braces for a blowjob. Ouch.

Quote by Lil Macker
i first masterbated when i was... 10, i think
or was it 9...
yeah 10
and i'm catholic, don't tell the pope, i'll be holy watered
definitely abalone inlays, I don't know if I'd want a mid pickup or a bigsby because I would never use either of them, but a brass barrel bridge is a good idea
And I'll look into the mother of pearl pickguards

Thanks for the suggestions!
maple neck + abalone inlays are teh sex imo. too bad my neck has black inlays.

if you're gonna get the neck tho, why not get the boddy custom made too?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
ohh get the fishman powerbridge- it is a bridge that has an acoustic pickup init, that'd be sick. you can blend it like a 3rd pickup and everything so it can be a hybrid axe as well!!
Quote by the.spine.surfs

But really, asking the pit for relationship advice is like asking a girl with braces for a blowjob. Ouch.

Quote by Lil Macker
i first masterbated when i was... 10, i think
or was it 9...
yeah 10
and i'm catholic, don't tell the pope, i'll be holy watered
Quote by ECistheBest
maple neck + abalone inlays are teh sex imo. too bad my neck has black inlays.

if you're gonna get the neck tho, why not get the boddy custom made too?

to be honest, I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to assemble it all
This will be the first mod thing I've ever done other than installing strap locks
Do you have experience with warmoth bodies? Because if they ship it with the body and hardware stuff put together (or extremely simple with directions) I'll do it. I'm just hesitant because I can see myself with a ton of parts and not knowing what to do
if u get all the holes drilled (email/ask them if they can) then only drilling in stuff. and make sure they get all the holes alligned up for ur parts (tell them you'll buy all the parts for it from them too) then you'll be on a really safe side.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
yeah that actually sounds pretty cool. If it's just stuff like screwing in the bridge and neck then I'll be fine. I'll look into their bodies, thanks a lot