Hey I was wondering if any of you guys knew if the Hughes & Kettner Edition Tube 20th Anniversary Model Combo Amp was a good amp.

Here's the link http://www.musiciansfriend.com/prod...-Amp?sku=480426

I'm starting a band and I'm just looking for an amp that can handle a good amount of drive. I'm into post-hardcore kind of genre
Are you talking about This one?

I haven't played one of those but I can tell you that H&K makes some great tube amps, I love my switchblade, and the demos for it sound pretty good.
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
I actually almost bought one yesterday! I haven't played one, but from demos I've listened to and reading what people think of it, I'd say it seems like it's an awesome amp for what it costs.

They are discontinued now, probably as it was just an anniversary model. The new 20 watt Statesman combo seems to be quite similar however, but with a bit more options to shape your tone.

I'm not familiar with all the names of these genres, but it sounds like post-hardcore would be something for modern hi-gain, which is not what these H&K amps are made for. They're made to give you an older voiced tone with modern features such as extra gain, master volume, and effects loop.
Quote by whoismilan
I actually almost bought one yesterday! I haven't played one, but from demos I've listened to and reading what people think of it, I'd say it seems like it's an awesome amp for what it costs.

They are discontinued now, probably as it was just an anniversary model. The new 20 watt Statesman combo seems to be quite similar however, but with a bit more options to shape your tone.

I'm not familiar with all the names of these genres, but it sounds like post-hardcore would be something for modern hi-gain, which is not what these H&K amps are made for. They're made to give you an older voiced tone with modern features such as extra gain, master volume, and effects loop.

Yea I've been doing some more research and for the genre of music I'm going for I think a mesa boogie or a decent marshall will be best.

Does anyone own or have an opinnion on a Mesa rect-o-verb combo? I'm trying to look for combos for portability, and something with a good amount of modern-type gain.
The switchblade from hughes and kettner, I'm pretty sure you can get modern high gain.
My Youtube Vids

"Be formless... shapeless like water.

If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle.

Water can flow, and it can crash....Be water, my friend..." - Bruce Lee
yeah, the edition tube is nice, but it's probably expensive for what it is in the US. there are probably better-value options, basically.

i'm not too fussed on the switchblade...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You can get some great gain with the switchblade.
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer