Page 1 of 2
Anyone else here just love bass solos? I think they're great especially the funk/disco kind. Really get me grooving. I just started a band and tomorrow I'm going to ask how they feel about this. So yeah...
BASS SOLOS FTW!!!
I don't really like bass solos, there are a few I don't mind but usually I'm not a fan of them
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
i think only bassists appreciate them. I love them. not too keen on the disco ones but metallica have some good bass solos.
if theyre tasteful
Quote by hightension01

Tell her
"I could be playing this *inserts Job For a Cowboys Doom Cd*
but i'd rather play this *inserts *David Crowder followed by Brewster*"

haha yeah that should work

Quote by Aqua Dementia
richrawr FTW!
phil lesh (grateful dead) is a great bassist. he pretty much solos in every song while keeping the beet and everything together. he does some crazy dive bombs too
John Myung solos > most other bass solos.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
everyone disses Billie Joe from Green Day but Mike Dirnt is pretty damn good for example welcome to paradise and Stuart and The Avenue
Quote by ARCtrooper225
Yes, I feel the need to post this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cgrOD4PZzuY

hey, if you like fuzzed out bootsy esque bass, check out this band: www.myspace.com/funkodoreroosevelt . They claim to be from the future, but mostly they just make killer dance music.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by civildp1
hey, if you like fuzzed out bootsy esque bass, check out this band: www.myspace.com/funkodoreroosevelt . They claim to be from the future, but mostly they just make killer dance music.

That be pimpin'. I just added them.
Quote by chinkboy7
everyone disses Billie Joe from Green Day but Mike Dirnt is pretty damn good for example welcome to paradise and Stuart and The Avenue

I love the basslines in both of those songs. I remember when I first started playing bass they were both incredibly difficult for me, but maybe I would be able to play them now (actually, I probably could now...)

I think that a bass solo is the same as a solo on any instrument. If it fits well with the music then by all means, please put one in.
best bassist ever. period. coolest looking bass ever. http://youtube.com/watch?v=TVl39LBZGMw
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
WTF?!
Where's the Stanely Clarke??
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Py3jT0uaZw0
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bOrTEIk-4po
Ahh... All better

John Patitucci, too
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WnFlAhAwswc&feature=related
Not a solo, but kick ass soli with the one and only chick corea
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Last edited by King Of Suede at Feb 3, 2008,
i like the solo in the beginning of N.I.B.

also, flea, he is an incredibly talented bassist
Quote by justen23
I made fun of the national guard in front of some kid that was in it. He tried to kill me but failed just like they always do.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Haha, ass herpes.
could this possibly have gone in the Bass forum...?

But to answer your question: Cliff Burton's "Pulling Teeth" was cool, but i get bored of most of today's "Look What I Can Do" slap-fest solos. But occasionally I'll watch a Victor Wooten solo and be like "Holy ****!"
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
Quote by rotaguy
i think only bassists appreciate them. I love them. not too keen on the disco ones but metallica have some good bass solos.

They only have one i believe

Bass solos are only cool if they dont blow majorly
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
^ epic sig

Yeah John Myung in Metropolis pt 1 is awesome. I saw that live a few night ago. Straight mind****
use Distortion!
Quote by Karl Sanders
its like a four finger, diminished thingy
Nick oliveri's solo in no one knows by QOTSA is acool easy one
You stole my Overture
John Myung > All

Quote by Mental-lica
They only have one i believe

Bass solos are only cool if they dont blow majorly

Metallica has at least three I can think of.
Pulling Teeth, Orion, and Damage Inc.
Last edited by Magero at Feb 3, 2008,
When I saw Coheed, at the end of The Final Cut (Mostly improv) the two guitarists left and just Mic (bass) and Chris (Drums) played for a few minutes. 'Twas badass!
Bass solos are awesome. Too bad so many "guitar is the only insrument"-people think otherwise though.
Lol...yea bass solos are sweet, but i love guitar solos better :P
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Jackson Performer PS4 (soon to be sold)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
i love bass solos, but that could probably be influenced by being a bassist
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
wow, there hasn't been any: you noob, just stick to rootnotes! post yet!!

they are finally appreciating us!
John Myung ****ing owns!! Though his metropolis part 1 solo is actually the easiest he has done!! Ytse Jam and Dance of Eternity are MUCH faster, in overal.
^^^ Yeah dude, the bassist from protest the hero is awesome.
Follower of Zeppelinism.
Page 1 of 2