Ok, so for the last 2 weeks, i've been learning Laid To Rest by Lamb Of God, and I can about half the song cleanly at 120bpm (I just have to learn the riff at 3:05) But my problem is, that I play the what I can, strictly downpicked, and that causes my wrist & forearm to just seize up. So does anyone have any tips as to how I can increase my dexterity, or should I just keep pushing myself? Or should I start to alternate pick the song?
Any help appreciated

www.myspace.com/nirvana_rox_ryda_j

Quote by Ovenman
Women don't sh*t.
There's no toilet in the kitchen.

Quote by Yan Yan
!

This thread was made back when i had my old 06 account.

learn to alternate pick. it may be really frustrating, but think of it this way. Paul Gilbert changed the way he picked after 15 years of playing, you probably haven't been playing nearly as long as that. so, it will most likely be much easier for you. not trying to offend you or anything. i hope you can get it down, dude
Getting laid to rest to sound smooth is so freaken hard. I can play every part but the verse pretty well.
^^ The verse, is quite easy for me, but just getting the pinch harmonics is a bit of a hassle.

I also tried alternating the main riff, and well, it was different, so thanks for the advice alexi_laiho18 & Pantera90
www.myspace.com/nirvana_rox_ryda_j

Quote by Ovenman
Women don't sh*t.
There's no toilet in the kitchen.

Quote by Yan Yan
!

This thread was made back when i had my old 06 account.