I was searching around and came acrossed Novax Guitars.....

anyone know anything about this "fanned fret technology"?
is it the guitar with curvy frets that has perfect intonation and stuff?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
That's what it says... but it's the first time i seen it? and it's got me intrested. Though their site doesn't say much.
haha. it has perfect intonation. most guitarsd tend to go off tune going up the fret at about the 4th fret, it's the worst on the G string. to compensate that, you can see (i think) the frets on those crazy guitars are further from the nut on the G string's 4th fret.

i wonder how it'd be like bending on the G string's 4th fret... you'd be bending... but the pitch would go lower???
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
i think when i saw the website like three months ago, it was a bit too expensive... even the earvanna compensated nuts are so expensive.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
i wonder how it'd be like bending on the G string's 4th fret... you'd be bending... but the pitch would go lower???

I never thought of that...

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
most guitarsd tend to go off tune going up the fret at about the 4th fret

All guitars do. It's impossible to achieve perfect intonation with straight frets. Like the piano, the guitar's tuning is a compromise that allows it to play in all keys equally well, but slightly out of tune. This is why tuning to a chord is a terrible idea. Tuning a guitar to play one key perfectly will throw all of the other keys audibly out of tune.

even the earvanna compensated nuts are so expensive.

..and worthless, for reasons stated above.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by ECistheBest
i think when i saw the website like three months ago, it was a bit too expensive... even the earvanna compensated nuts are so expensive.

really? They look like they'd be pretty cheap

as far as those necks go...they look completely worthless, and expensive
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
^they're worth something for people with perfect pitch, which even the slightest pitch difference would annoy the hell out of them.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
^they're worth something for people with perfect pitch, which even the slightest pitch difference would annoy the hell out of them.

You don't even need perfect pitch. The difference is quite obvious once you've played one, even to the layman. Especially with complex chords.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
But you're all wrong.

Fanned frets is something used specifically by novax guitars and is supposedly made for 'hand economy'. Players comfort or something.

Looks weird, but all the players I know using them swear by it and say its a million times more comfortable.