Okay, so I'm 15. Everyone in my band is under this age. But we play well and can't send our music to the world because we can't go to a studio, don't have a studio, and have limited funds! Any very easy, efficient way to record. Even one track/instrument at a time would be good, because I know how to mix tracks...
If your life was a song, would you sing my name?
Well, how much does limited funds mean, because you could get a Toneport, around 100.00, Its not the best, but if your on a budget then its good
Jackson JS30RR
Epiphone Flying-V, Goth Series
B.C Rich Warlock
Line 6 Half - Stack Combo

We've got $200 to spend. We just poured alot into our new equipment, about $1800 worth on amps and guitars.
I'm 15 as well and also, broke as a motha*****, haha, but what kind of music you guys play. I play Melodic Metal/ Hard Metal, but I don't have a band right now, alls I got is a drummer.
Jackson JS30RR
B.C Rich Warlock

Hey I'll give you the link to what I'm talking about give me a sec.
Jackson JS30RR
B.C Rich Warlock

Looks sweet and easy to use. And we play hardcore/metalcore. Listen to August Burns Red or Inhale Exhale, we sound like them.
Thats cool man, I sent you a friend request, so if you have any questions just send me a message, and tell me how it goes. The music that I've made up would probaly mostly resemble Bullet For My Valentine, some kinda like their old album and some kinda like the new.
Jackson JS30RR
B.C Rich Warlock

I can play most of the songs off The Poison, not solos though. I'm not a good solo'er yet.
Thats cool, and Don't feel bad about not being good at solos, because I've been playing the guitar for about 31/2 years and I'm just now getting better at solos, Your doing a whole lot better than what I was, I mean You pretty much just started playing. 9 months. You just got to practice alot.

Alot, Alot, and again ALOT! haha
Jackson JS30RR
B.C Rich Warlock

The lead guitarist to my band is 13 and solos better than alot of people i know. We call him a problem child because he has only been playing guitar a year and three months and can play the whole "Walk" by Pantera including the solo.
Holy cow haha, Thats pretty fkin sweet.
Jackson JS30RR
B.C Rich Warlock

Yea, I have the thats $129.00. Its really simple to use. and it comes with Live lite which is a Recording software, but I would rather have some of the better stuff, but if your on a budget It'll work.
Jackson JS30RR
B.C Rich Warlock

Hey I'm probaly about to get off so I'll ttyl.
Jackson JS30RR
B.C Rich Warlock

Yea I'm just another member suggesting the Toneport interface.

I use a UX1 myself and although iI' not too happy with it I feel others would be fine with it. I suggest the UX1 and a Shure SM57 mic with XLR cable.

You can mic any of you cabs with the 57 and do vocals with it as well but don't expect a ton of quality out of such a low priced interface. I find the GearBox sounds a little..annoying and the preamp isn't all that great but it works for a low budget.

15 and under for a band...you guys are really starting young...
I wish you the best of luck with everything and just keep practicing and having fun. Even if you don't hit it off too well and become famous you still will have a great time which is what it's all about.

BTW don't expect your songs to come out sounding great since you have a fair interface. it takes a lot of skill to mix and master tracks and also edit them to top quality. You may be interested in reading over Tweaks Guide found in my sig. Theres some sections there that talk about mixing, mastering, and editing. It is more geared towards high end studio setups but theres parts that anyone could benefit from reading.
i feel you guys. we have the same issue. we're currently raising money for a new drum set and some speakers and guitar amps. we dont have much money to record so we use an 8.1 pixel camera and tbh its not that bad.
hmm..

200 to spend?

your gonna have to push it just a bit,

But if i had 200 to spend...

heres what i would spend it on..

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Lexicon-Alpha-USB-Audio-Interface?sku=245507

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-Eurorack-UB1002-Mixer?sku=631237
assuming you already have a few mics and cables and your set

You can mic the snare,kick and toms with the mixer .EQ them, Pan them, and finally send the signal(in stereo) to the 2 inputs on the lexicon interface.
Fender CIJ Mustang
Fender Jagstang
Fender MIM Custom Telecaster
Fender MIM Strat
Peavey Classic 50 2x12
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender PT-100 Tuner
Boss SD-1
EH Small Clone
Vox Wah
Digitech Digidelay
Last edited by frank694 at Jan 27, 2008,
That interface and mixer leaves noting aside for mics, which they need.........
Don't go cheap on those either..the Shure SM57 is a good start.

With a Toneport you also get one preamp on board which means you dont need a mixer.

If they get more money later on and start with the UX1 they can run something like the Yamaha MG10/2 mixer output into the two inputs at the back of the Toneport. This will give them more inputs for say micing a drum set which you need at least two mics to do from the start anyways...

You guys just have to record one instrument at a time. Thats how most studios do it these days so you dont need a million inputs on your interface haha.
Quote by moody07747
That interface and mixer leaves noting aside for mics, which they need.........
Don't go cheap on those either..the Shure SM57 is a good start.

With a Toneport you also get one preamp on board which means you dont need a mixer.

If they get more money later on and start with the UX1 they can run something like the Yamaha MG10/2 mixer output into the two inputs at the back of the Toneport. This will give them more inputs for say micing a drum set which you need at least two mics to do from the start anyways...

You guys just have to record one instrument at a time. Thats how most studios do it these days so you dont need a million inputs on your interface haha.

if they needs mics, theyre gonna need a bigger budget. but for 150, a interface and mixer aint bad.

You honestly only need 1 sm57 for the snare and some kind of kick mic for the kick. Any cheapo mics would work for toms.

Trust me on this, yea having good equipment helps, but its skill that counts the most.

I can work miracles on cheap equipment, it what i do, haha.
Fender CIJ Mustang
Fender Jagstang
Fender MIM Custom Telecaster
Fender MIM Strat
Peavey Classic 50 2x12
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender PT-100 Tuner
Boss SD-1
EH Small Clone
Vox Wah
Digitech Digidelay