I'm thinking of putting 500T pickups in my SG Standard.
I have a few questions, since i'm no expert on pickups.

I was thinking of a 490R also..

I want the 500 for the bridge, and although the neck i'm happy with atm. But anything you want to add that'd be good as a neck pickup please by all means go ahead.

edit} I'm not thinking I might get a 498T. Opinions?

I usually use my neck for clean, my bridge for dirty, and a mixture for leads, so sometimes I use neck/bridge or both mixed in various ways.
I play every style from Satriani to Frank Zappa to the Beatles.
I'm for my own sound, not emulations, so i hope that helps..

Thanks

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
Last edited by Mattalac at Jan 27, 2008,
i have no clue about which pups you will want. but i think the T stands for treble, which is the bridge pickup and i think the R stands for rhythm, which is the neck.
Ahh yes ofcourse, that's make sense, alright forget the T and R's people, it makes sense now. How did I not realise that! haha.

The Gear I Use Most:

TooJoo The Band
and i just did a little research and found that the SG Standards come with the 490R's in the neck so i dont think you need a replacement. the explorers come with the 500T's in the bridge, so im guessing they are pretty hot.
Well I did some research and read on harmony central some people find it muddy on the low end, so now i;'m not sure.

Well the reason i'm thinking of changing, although atm I'm happy witht he neck pickup, is because my dad and me have the same SG Standard, except my back pickup is not as good as his, so i'm thinking about changing it.. dw i dont need anyones advice on how i can fix the matter, so if anyones gonna give me that, dont waste your time, i will do what I need before spending hard earned money I may not need.

Anyway, in the neck pickup, even though it's fine, what are some good pickups I could use for clean.

The Gear I Use Most:

TooJoo The Band
I wouldn't shell out for any Gibson pickups, certainly not the bog standard ones. Look at a Seymour Duncan Custom 5 in the bridge with a 59 in the neck.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com