I just got a Hellraiser from Musicians Friend

in a few months I plan to upgrade to a half stack

what would you guys say would be the best half stack for Death Metal?

please keep it under a grand
Schecter Hellraiser C7 w/ BKPs
Hughes and Kettner Switchblade
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez TS9
Boss Tuner
Morley Tremonti Wah

"From My Rotting Body, Flowers Shall Grow, And I Am In Them, And That Is Eternity"
Get a used 5150 on the bay or craigslist.
Gear:
Fender Standard HSS Strat w/ Tone Zone bridge
ESP Ltd EC-1k Black cherry
Carvin DC127 blackburst with Bareknuckle Warpigs
Peavey 6505+
Quote by DarkRaven03
Get a used 5150 on the bay or craigslist.
+1

And you dont NEED a halfstack. The 5150 Combo will be loud enough to kill old people and hurt yourself.
I always hear good stuff about 5150s/6505s for death metal/high gain stuff but Mesa/Boogie have some great high gain amps also, though for all of these you're spending quite a bit.
I'd be happy with a Laney GH50L and an overdrive, it works with my LC15 for high gain (including death metal).
Go for the 5150/6505, combo or half stack. Whatever you find cheap.
To TS, you're better off with a combo of some sort, half stacks in this price range will be rather poor to be honest. Look up the Peavey's as suggested, or perhaps look into Mesa combos.
^No comment.

Maybe a B-52 combo?
Quote by Kurapica
I once used an SG on stage. I killed three people in the front row and I was only tuning up. It's THAT powerful.

Quote by aeliustehman
I've never seen Metallica use a wah pedal lol.

Quote by BWall1226
does putting stickers on a guitar make someone a poser cause im doing the same thing.
Quote by SenorSmiley
marshall mg is good and i play hellraiser on it all the time. sweet bro

I would suggest the good old 5150...
MG10KK FTW!!
seriouslt though I agree with most people on this one > 5150
You can rest when you're dead.

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Quote by SenorSmiley

Remember that one time I told you to exit the thread? Well, you can go ahead and do it again. Please...just go.
Be cool.
Used Peavey 5150. I've seen half stacks for under a grand, but they seem to be rare. But you could easily find the combo for that price, and it would be more than loud enough for anything you could use it for.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by thedude051
Remember that one time I told you to exit the thread? Well, you can go ahead and do it again. Please...just go.

just because someone has a different opinion thn you dosent give u the right to boot somebody, remember that one time i told u to go to hell? well you can go ahead and do it again
Last edited by kckyle at Jan 27, 2008,
ya exactly i put a clip and the marshall with a custom made jackson vinnie vincent model and geyt grief.

why doesnt the dude out a clip video of him/her self so they can show us how awesome they are.

like hey man everyone plays at different levels just showing a sound or amp i like 4 metal trying to help is all.

jeeze
Quote by SenorSmiley

I hope that was some kinda sick joke......' The overdrive so crushing it makes me do sex-wee....'
I'd get a used 5150. I own a 6505+ and my friend has an early 90's 5150... I mean to me I think the 5150 sounds alot better. I think it's the tubes to be honest, his 5150 has sovtek tubes in it and my 6505 came with ruby tubes. But ya check out a used 5150, it should keep you under a grand definitely.
I'm a riddle so strong you can't break me...
senor smiley youre a dumb****. marshall MGs are pieces of trash, and we all know that and agree on it. Marshall makes sick tube setups, but the mgs are trash.

peavey 5150 will get you the most bang for your buck. unless there is some specific REASON you NEED a halfstack...and if there was...I dont know why youd have such a low budget.
Quote by SenorSmiley
ya exactly i put a clip and the marshall with a custom made jackson vinnie vincent model and geyt grief.

why doesnt the dude out a clip video of him/her self so they can show us how awesome they are.

like hey man everyone plays at different levels just showing a sound or amp i like 4 metal trying to help is all.

jeeze

It's a marshall MG, an MG, this guy can afford up to a grand.
And you're just pathetic, stop trying to show off, I think you've posted that video about. ..what 5 times today?
Noone cares you have a rare guitar and noone cares that you play shoddily.
Quote by diminishedtobme
Peavey 5150 or an Engl, I see ton of death metal guys using those.

ENGL's are probably out of his price range, even used.

I'd look into the 5150 or a Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier. If you're looking for an amp specifically for DM (as in less versatile, with a better tone for that one sound) then I'd take a look at the gear that DM musicians use, with tone that you like. You'll find that quite a lot of DM guitarists with great tone (especially Cannibal Corpse!) use Dual Rectifiers.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
^^And surprisingly use MT-2s in front of their amps.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Jan 27, 2008,
engl. imo
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.