ok so i have a REALLY friggin old guitar(maybe like 50 years) that has been through a basement flood and i finished removing all the rust from the hardware. for being so old its in good condition. i mean it has a bunch of nicks all over it but its not near as bad as frankenstein is lol its an early strat design and the neck was a peice of **** so i threw it away. if i can find a modern neck to fit it i want to do something crazy with it. i just have no ideas lol it doesnt even have to be playable like what if i turned it into a lamp or something? lol rither that or restore it and make it kick ass. it doesnt matter just help me come up with ideas and ill post pics and stuff when its done.

p.s. on a side note does anyone know the NAME or the exact color that yngwies guitar is? i have a diy strat and i want to re paint it the same color as his
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
If your guitar really is 50 years old, the last thing you should do is make it into a lamp.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
well yea i want to still have it playable if possible cuz it would be real nice its a relic guitar with a sunburst ish paint job. but if i cant find a neck that fits it ill probably do something stupid like that to it cuz i dont want it just sitting there anymore
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
What exactly is the problem with the old neck? What brand is it? Making cheap, crappy strat copies never really took off before the late sixties/early seventies, so if your guitar is 50 years old, it must have some value, but only if it is complete and original.
On the other hand; if it is a 1970 cheapy, it can provide usable parts for a rewarding DIY project. If the body is a nice piece of solid wood, like the old Korean Kasuga Jazz solid alder body I incorporated into a very usable bass last summer, you should certainly try that. If it is like the dried out and crispy multiplex body of the Japanese Condor I had in my shop a few weeks ago, turning it into a lamp will be most appropriate. (I did however restore the Condor Jazz to it's old glory and it doesn't sound too bad at all actually)
well i threw the old neck out months ago lol there wasnt a logo on it or anything. i actually have no clue how old it is i just know that its old because my grandma has had it in her basement for "years and years and years" she said. and from what else she said it sounded like 50 some odd years but she cant remember EXACTLY and idk. its extremely retro looking tho lol the pick guard is a peice of plastic and it has(had) one pickup ill put up pics if you want to help me identify it
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?