Poll: Should I buy a Nintendo 64?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should I buy a Nintendo 64?
Yes
208 84%
No
41 16%
Voters: 249.
Page 1 of 3
I'm thinking about buying a Nintendo 64, because I always thought the games were awesome, but I never owned one.

The pros, are the obviously awesome games that it provides, except the cons are that it IS extremely old, and everything I get would be second hand. There isn't a store I can buy them from, so I would have to end up buying it and everything else from eBay, which my family and I don't really like doing.

So what do you think, should I buy a Nintendo 64?

PS : Don't suggest I get an emulator, because I don't want to.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Hmm, there wouldn't be new releases, it would be old, the graphics would be bad, my advice...

Get a Wii
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
HELL YES!!! I still got mine. I was playing Diddy Kong racing the other day, I started a new game and almost beat it, I am now in space in that game, CRAZY!!!!! as a kid I never beat it, but now, I am gonna own that lame wizpig. and I got mario 64, my favorite game for N64 ever. But it freezes from time to time. Get it, fun games.
anybody wanna put anything here just let me know
Quote by Eggness
**** YES! Either get a 64, SNES, or NES.

I have all three!

N64 is amazing dude! Get it!
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
buy it? you can get them for free. i have like 3 of them and i have to say i love mariokart, mario castle, and SUPER SMASH BROTHERS. super smash brothers=best fighting game EVAH
Quote by H4t3BR33D3R
fourteen?
For Christ sake she probably couldn't get to the center of a Tootsie Pop let alone suck your **** properly. Just get someone your own age you tosser.
I remember playing it when I was little. It owns all other consoles ever made. The games just owned the ones that are around now, Mario 64 ftw! Then my dad who owned it decided to move to Australia and sold it. That bastard.
Quote by Dimster Ds
Hmm, there wouldn't be new releases, it would be old, the graphics would be bad, my advice...

Get a Wii

don't get a wii. it is a NOVELTY PRODUCT!

would gamecube be a good alternative? i'm thinking about super smash bros. and how melee was so much more awesome than the original, which was already super
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
You could just get an emulator.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
if you can get it cheap and whith some good games sure,otherwise if you wanna play N64 games you can do it on your PC look for Project 64 then ''roms''(games)
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
If you can get it for super cheap then yeah ofcourse. It has some pretty good games of it and while the graphics might be a bit jerky and the gameplay basic it is still worth it for the hours and hours of gameplay you'l get outa it

Plus it has the Zelda games so thats always a bonus
Quote by mattvl
Listen to this guy, he's australian. If there are any people out there who know how to handle women it's australians.
Fact: Some of the best games ever came out for the N64.

Super Mario 64
LOZ: ocarina of time
Mario kart 64
Goldeneye

Just to name a few.
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.
N64 ftw... I apparently really wanted one when I was 4. I got a playstation instead for my birthday. then I finally got an N64, twas good fun playing golden eye with my dad...
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Waking up with boobs? Is there a visine for that.
Quote by Mad Marius
You could just get an emulator.

Read the original post.

I probably would be able to get it cheap, I saw the Nintendo 64 (Nothing else) for about $15 AUD on eBay, a Can of coke costs about $1.50.

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
the two Zelda games are enough of a reason to own an N64.

That, and I also suggest you get the games Jet Force Gemini, Super Mario 64, Perfect Dark, Goldeneye, Donkey Kong 64, and Banjo Kazooie.

There's a bunch more great games as well, but those were all the best ones IMO.
Get a DS. All the best N64 games have been re-released on the DS anyway.
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.
Quote by happy-and-lost
Get a DS. All the best N64 games have been re-released on the DS anyway.
Hell yeah get one, I still have one with about... 60 games

Ive been playing it recently after seeing a thread on Super Smash Bros.
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
what why, just buy a gamecube there going for like $50AUD on ebay and the games are ridiculesly cheap, also have pretty sweet graphics for something so old
My gear:
Ibanez jem555, rg320, rg170dx
Ashton gt100 amp
boss me50
you should get an N64, i think it's the greatest console ever. The quality of the games are second to none
my books myspace
Here
read it, new chapter added every 2 weeks
Quote by thesimo
just prepare for it to look UGLY.
wave race was an awesome game tho

What the hell are you talking about?

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
I would say buy a GameCube instead, you can have the new Mario Kart and Smash Bros.
Quote by LinkManDX
That's it, everybody go home, thread won by [sam].
well im talking about a nintendo 64, (u know, the thread?)
and saying that u should prepare for the games to look UGLY (cuz its old and stuff?)
and then i said that wave race is awesome?
Quote by RaNdoM-FeLiX
Hell yeah get one, I still have one with about... 60 games

Ive been playing it recently after seeing a thread on Super Smash Bros.

My thread YAY!!!

To answer to your question TS the N64 is a very good console, you should get it.

A list of good games are
Legend Of Zelda - Ocarina of time (1 player)
Legend Of Zelda - Majoras Mask (1 player)
Super Smash Bros (1-4 player)
Mario Kart 64 (1-4 player)
Banjo Kazooie (1 player)
Banjo Tooie (1 player)
Super Mario 64 (1 player)
Mario party (1-4 player)
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
Yes you should, I'd suggest downloading ROMs but it might be against the rules and also unless your computer is awesome they'll lag.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Yes, get it. It's a brilliant console with some of the best games ever made. They sell ridiculously cheap as well, and you should be able to find one in some sort of games shop (no idea what shops you have down under). If you really can't find one and don't want an emuator, then I would suggets getting a Wii, where you can download N64 games using Wii Points.

Quote by Dimster Ds
Hmm, there wouldn't be new releases, it would be old, the graphics would be bad

If he cared about whether a console is old with outdated graphics (which were some of the best at the time), surely he wouldn't be thinking of getting an N64 in the first place
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
Quote by JoshXXXXX
the two Zelda games are enough of a reason to own an N64.

That, and I also suggest you get the games Jet Force Gemini, Super Mario 64, Perfect Dark, Goldeneye, Donkey Kong 64, and Banjo Kazooie.

There's a bunch more great games as well, but those were all the best ones IMO.

you just dont know how many days i wasted with my friend playing that game i new every level like the back of my hand. it was the best fps i ever had. after reading this thread im going to go get my old n64 and play all these classics.
Quote by H4t3BR33D3R
fourteen?
For Christ sake she probably couldn't get to the center of a Tootsie Pop let alone suck your **** properly. Just get someone your own age you tosser.
Last edited by led/head at Jan 27, 2008,
Gamecube and SNES are much better. Most N64 games I have feel very rushed and not very well put together.
Quote by Dimster Ds

Get a Wii

Not a smart thing to say. Games aren't all about graphics. Thats the problem these days and the mentality most gamers have. They come out with new games calling it has the great graphics blah blah, and people go out and buy them then realize the gameplay isn't that great and get bored of it after the inital honeymoon with the cool graphics and effects wear off. Its all marketing bs. Most of the games nowadays I think are weak like that.
Look at it this way, both the XBox 360 and PS3 are both stronger consoles hardware wise then a Wii. So why is the Wii kicking both their butts? Yup, gameplay. PS3 is nothing more then a PS2 with a built in hard drive, HD DVD/Blueray and better graphics. More or less same thing for the XBox360. Nintendo did something different with the Wii, something that makes games more interactive and fun and the sales figures show it. Cheaper system, not as strong as its competitors but has more sales. Figure that out. Gameplay!

I have an N64 with Goldeneye and NFL Blitz 2000. Both are fun games to play. I used to own a Dreamcast. Bought it back in Fall 2001 when they went bust. Got some awesome games dirt cheap like Virtua Tennis ($15 new) Jet set Radio, and my favorite Test Drive Le Mans which the Dreamcast version was better then the PS2 version. But just look back at all the great PS1 games. Again PS1 (32bit) was weaker then N64 (64bit) but so many great games. I'd love to play Metal Gear Solid right now, or the original Ridge Racer or Gran Tourismo. And lets not forget one of the greatest games of all time, Mario Kart and NHL 94 for SNES. Still a crapload more fun to play with friends then most games out there now. Anyone who was a kid in the early 90's has some childhood memory playing those.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
People keep forgetting Lylat Wars! (or starfox 64 for you none european folk) I rate that game as one of my top 5 ever quite frankly. It wasn't overly fancy, but what it did, it did perfectly. I must have played that through 1000 times.
Yes you should.

Or else get a Wii, as most of the best NES, SNES and N64 games are being released on the Virtual Cosole anyway.

Also, Mario Kart 64 incredibly overrated, IMO. Super Mario Kart is where it's at.
Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx
Super Mario Kart is where it's at.

+1

But for the sake of owning a N64 I'd get one.
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
How come only two people have mentioned the virtual console?

Get a Wii and download all the best games, with slightly better graphics
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Page 1 of 3