I was wondering while playing today if it was possible to place a toggle switch onto the guitar that will override the current position of the pickup selector and override the current volume.

For example, To go from the Bridge pickup with the volume all the way up (1st position)
TO
The neck(single coil on a humbucker, 4th position) pickup with half volume by flicking a switch
I dont know of any switch like that, but you could just put in a volume knob for each pickup.
Quote by bass-man9712
after i clicked all i could think was "please don't be goatse, please dont be goatse"

PSN: Effigyoferebus (feel free to add it)
nope...dont think so...Volume is controlled by the volume pot and without some type of digital thingy you cant really get a preset volume when you switch between pickups. If you were talking about a les paul you could do what the guy above said but since your asking for a bridge full power and then a "4th position" with half volume, i assume you have a fender or ibanez style guitar with only a master volume.
Quote by RiCKONZ
I was wondering while playing today if it was possible to place a toggle switch onto the guitar that will override the current position of the pickup selector and override the current volume.

For example, To go from the Bridge pickup with the volume all the way up (1st position)
TO
The neck(single coil on a humbucker, 4th position) pickup with half volume by flicking a switch

A split humbucker is about half the volume of both coils anyway, you could have individual switches for the pickups if you wanted though.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Of course It's possible, you'd needa good DPDT switch though.
Side 1:Wire the output from your neck pickup to the center pole on the switch, then wire one of the other poles to the spot that the output was wired on the 5way switch. Wire the other pole to a trimpot, and then straight to the output jack. Then set your preset volume on the trimpot.
Side 2: Wire the outside pole to the output of your volume. Then wire the inside pole to the ground.
When you flip the switch, the signal from your current pickup selection will be sent to the ground, and the signal from your neck pickup will be sent through the trimpot, set to your desired level, and then to the output.
Like good folk/indie music? Check us out at www.myspace.com/mckenzieshae
ARRGH, MATEYS!! I Be a PIT PIRATE!! sworn enemy of the PIT NINJAS! I am the 30th pit pirate to sail under the great command of justinhawkins, MATEYS! (pm justinhawkins to join)
Quote by forsaknazrael
Check out a volume pedal. Not too hard to operate.

Lol, I'll second that
Like good folk/indie music? Check us out at www.myspace.com/mckenzieshae
ARRGH, MATEYS!! I Be a PIT PIRATE!! sworn enemy of the PIT NINJAS! I am the 30th pit pirate to sail under the great command of justinhawkins, MATEYS! (pm justinhawkins to join)
Quote by The_Marshall_Gu
Of course It's possible, you'd needa good DPDT switch though.
Side 1:Wire the output from your neck pickup to the center pole on the switch, then wire one of the other poles to the spot that the output was wired on the 5way switch. Wire the other pole to a trimpot, and then straight to the output jack. Then set your preset volume on the trimpot.
Side 2: Wire the outside pole to the output of your volume. Then wire the inside pole to the ground.
When you flip the switch, the signal from your current pickup selection will be sent to the ground, and the signal from your neck pickup will be sent through the trimpot, set to your desired level, and then to the output.

Thanks!, Thats the sorta thing I was after.