IN my mind there is a thought which says i should practice and buy a 12 string guitar,

So i tried this twelve string guitar sounded beutiful andd all, but the thing is how do i play choards like the C chord would the other lighter strings get in the way? on it or power chords ?

basically my questions is how can i play it, like you know whats the diffrence between the 12 string and the 6 one. Apart from having more strings?

Oh when i said i played one in the shop i just generally played chords but didn't know if i was doing it right.

THanks for taking up your time to read this.

I have been playing for 3 years.
A 12 string guitar is an octaved guitar
The lowest 4 strings have a second string with them thats tuned an octave higher
the upper two strings have second strings tuned to the same pitch.

They are mainly meant for chords to give a richer sound, but you can play leads quite easily on them if you are inclined to. I can easily pick the right string.

If you want it to also play a little harder rock and power chords, b.c.rich have 10 string guitars. Basically the lowest two strings are like that on a 6 string and the rest are the same as on a 12 string.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by DagMX
A 12 string guitar is an octaved guitar
The lowest 4 strings have a second string with them thats tuned an octave higher
the upper two strings have second strings tuned to the same pitch.

They are mainly meant for chords to give a richer sound, but you can play leads quite easily on them if you are inclined to. I can easily pick the right string.

If you want it to also play a little harder rock and power chords, b.c.rich have 10 string guitars. Basically the lowest two strings are like that on a 6 string and the rest are the same as on a 12 string.

Thanks dude!