Poll: will i screw my project up?
Poll Options
View poll results: will i screw my project up?
Yes
6 33%
No
4 22%
Maybe
3 17%
have my babies
7 39%
Voters: 18.
heres a challenge for you..
can any of you tell me how i can setup a guitar with this kinda assembly

Humbucker
single
2x two way toggle switches
1 vol knob
2 tone knob
1 jack

i want it so the toggles control whether the pickup is selected or not.
sorry if it's kinda confusing, i don't know all of the correct terms.
iff its too hard i don't really need the tone knobs
if u have a wiring diagram, please pm me with it.
u can also pm me if u want more info.

PLEASE HELP if u tell me all my dreams will come true....
maybe thats an overstatement.

Its all paRT OF A PROJECT THAT I'M DOING ON A STRAT COPY, i hate caps lock, anyway i'm refinishing it in blue, painting the pickguard black and changing the wiring.
if i have the time/money i might sculpt the headstock to look like a fender or i'll just buy a fender or squier neck.
and if i REALLY fell like it, i'll replace the PUPS.

the thread for that is this

Thanx!!
Last edited by Telecaster7 at Feb 5, 2008,
I don't really have time to draw you up a diagram at the moment, but I can direct you to some diagrams that may be able to help.

This duagram shows how to wire a SPDT switch as an on/off for an individual pickup. Just ignore the middle one and imagine the bridge one is a humbucker.
This one gives you an idea of how to wire a tone for each pickup. The tone pots should be between the pickup and the switch (not after the switches)

Now look back to the first one, and it shows how to connect the switches to a volume pot, and to the jack.

Hope that helps or at least gives you an idea of what to do. As I said, I don't have time to draw anything up, but hopefully someone else can if you don't get it from what I posted...
I ended up having more time than I thought...
here you go:

All the black wires are the hot wires, all green are ground (which may be different than the colour code of the pickups you have, so double check before doing anything.)
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
What brand pickups? How many solder tabs on the toggle switches?

the pups are just stock ones that came with the guitar and ther'res 3 tabs on teh switches
Last edited by Telecaster7 at Jan 27, 2008,
but with both pickups activated, it's in parallel. nothing fun yet. next switch is the series parallel switch.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
but with both pickups activated, it's in parallel. nothing fun yet. next switch is the series parallel switch.

umm... what?? sorry i didn't understand a word of that, i'm not good with the techie terms, but don't bother explaining it, i'll figr it out myself
i clicked have my babies coz i dont understand where you could go wrong.

then i realized its a PUBLIC poll..

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by metallicafan616
i clicked have my babies coz i dont understand where you could go wrong.

then i realized its a PUBLIC poll..

HAHAHA ur funny just for admitting it!

ur so sigged!
Last edited by Telecaster7 at Feb 5, 2008,
yeah anyway, i'm not too sure if its supposed to work like this but i have one master switch witch controls whether the guitar is 'on' or not, and a switch which has one pup or the other, it's cool like that but if any1 has any other cool wiring suggestions i can do with those components, i'd love to hear them
Quote by Telecaster7
yeah anyway, i'm not too sure if its supposed to work like this but i have one master switch witch controls whether the guitar is 'on' or not, and a switch which has one pup or the other,
It isn't. You did something wrong. Check your wiring against the diagram.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.