Ok so i have my Epi SG, I think it has a mahogany body.
I want to get an Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro for the neck, is this a good idea?
Also need advice for the bridge, looking for metalish sound, I've been told an EMG 81 or a dimarzio?
i have both the seymour duncan alnico pro II in my epi les paul, the neck position pickup can give you a really sweet lead but the bridge pickup wouldnt really suit metal i dont think more suited to classic rock n bluesstuff in my opinion so think you should go for the emg probably be better for you.
What amp you using?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
if you get the emg 81 spend the extra 20 bucks to get the coil tap.... that'd sound cool.
Mixing an EMG 81 with a passive pickup could be a hassle, not just the installation but the difference in output. That may be worth thinking about.

DiMarzio make some great passive pickups, I personally love the Steve's Special for the bridge.
thanks guys, probably dimarzio for me, which one though?
+ i know the alnico pro II is good for classic rock and stuff, which i want but i need a metal pickup for the bridge which would go well together
Last edited by iqigo at Jan 29, 2008,
Quote by iqigo
thanks guys, probably dimarzio for me, which one though?
+ i know the alnico pro II is good for classic rock and stuff, which i want but i need a metal pickup for the bridge which would go well together

A good metal pickup: Either an invader or an evoltion bridge, if you're going exclusively DiMarzio. Alnico pro II is a good choice for neck.
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

Didn't Kerry King use MGs at some point?

I think he just endorses them because he likes sacks of money
sorry, i just got rid of my marshall mg50...
im going to use it through one of my uncles amps for recording some material my bands been working on. I know its not very helpful, maybe you could help me choose one to buy when i have some money later XD thinkng maybe a Vox AD50?
I'm planning on keeping this guitar for a long time though as I'll probably go through amps trying to find the perfect one