Hey guys, just a quick question.

I have a Yamaha RBX374 and i have just changes from Roundwound Standard 105 to Flatwound 110 (on the E). What it is is that i am unsure if i will need to change the basses set up (intonation/truss etc.) to accomodate for the heavier gauge. Can someone help me with what i am looking for and how i should maybe correct it?

Cheers

Kenny
It will need to be set up. I wouldn't adjust the truss rod unless you have done it before.

Just check your action, then correct your intonation.

Read the FAQ for how to do it.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
ahh right.....cheers, i better change them back then....i have demos tomorrow night and hoped that i could get away with not having to do too much....
It doesn't take long at all. I've managed to do it within 15 mins on my old bass, though I wouldn't trust myself on my new one.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
i wouldn't trust myself right now, how big a jump is 105 - 100 anyway?
Not big at all. Took me 15 mins when I went from 105-100 on my old bass, and I'd never done it before. Just take it slowly, string at a time. I turned the screws half a rotation at a time, checked with tuner, re tuned and tried again until I got it spot on. A quick check up on all the strings to gether and the intonation is sorted.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1