Ok so I have about 200-400 to play with and I want a new amp. Preferably a tube amp.

I was looking at the Vox AD-50VT-XL. Any of you have this or have played on this before? Comments?

Any reccomendations (sp?) are appreciated

Thanks
Quote by Chinfrim
Sadly we have not shotguns and go around saying "Get Out of Mah Propertay!!"
What currency you using?
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
Quote by scottp_15
Ok so I have about 200-400 to play with and I want a new amp. Preferably a tube amp.

I was looking at the Vox AD-50VT-XL. Any of you have this or have played on this before? Comments?

Any reccomendations (sp?) are appreciated

Thanks

Currency? What styles do you play? What amp do you have now?
Well mate, I have £2600 that is completely disposable income. I actually get £90 a week without that loan and can survive quite easily on that. Plus not to mention the fact the money I get from my job. So please don't try to preach to me about it for my education

In response to the others, I live in england so its pounds, I like to play heavy metal, metal, rock, blues, anything really. I just enjoy each different style tbh. I have a ss amp at the moment. I would rather not state which one as to avoid being flamed lol.
Quote by Chinfrim
haha student loan spending is the best, i just got myself a kramer stiker, it rocks. why not just get a pocket pod and a basic amp, that what im doing!
Quote by Moggan13
Yeah, nothing beats a Thread about a bunch of Christian knights traveling to the Middle-East and killing loads of Muslims...
Quote by scottp_15
Well mate, I have £2600 that is completely disposable income. I actually get £90 a week without that loan and can survive quite easily on that. Plus not to mention the fact the money I get from my job. So please don't try to preach to me about it for my education

In response to the others, I live in england so its pounds, I like to play heavy metal, metal, rock, blues, anything really. I just enjoy each different style tbh. I have a ss amp at the moment. I would rather not state which one as to avoid being flamed lol.

Haha, is it of the Spider Line 6 genre?
Quote by Horlicks
Peavey 5150?

As a uni student I'd assume that would be too loud.

I'm assumign you want it in the <30 watt territory.
If so look around Laney (as I mentioend)
Maybe the Epiphone Valve Jr, Crate have some small Valve combos.

However if you want bigger there are plenty to look into:
Peavey, Marshall, Orange, Mesa (if you have loads more to spend) etc.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
Haha, is it of the Spider Line 6 genre?

You would be deadly right my friend lol.

Well I was hoping for something around the 50W mark, if I was having a party a could hook my laptop up to it and play **** loud music through it etc. Its what we do at the moment lol.

So does the AD-50VT-XL have an input for that?

Just to let you all know I have only bought one amp, ever, so Im pretty **** when someone says peavy, laney etc. I sort of need a model too lol sorry.

Remember 200 - 400 pounds
Quote by Chinfrim
the vox xl is not good imHo, very very muddy, just go for a peavey valveking 112 (and a cheap OD if needed)
Line 6 Flextone? It's meant to be a very good amp, better than cubes Valvetronics etc. and the YouTube clips sound nice. Don't know about the gain levels
Quote by m1dnight
haha student loan spending is the best, i just got myself a kramer stiker, it rocks. why not just get a pocket pod and a basic amp, that what im doing!

remember thsat when u have to pay it off bro.
Quote by scottp_15

marshall mg!
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Well the AD50 isn't all tube it's hybrid so the Laney LC30 will be louder (very good amp, if that's too high the LC15 is also great).

It's a tube poweramp. I havent played it, but a poweramp is what makes tube amps louder than SS amps because of the different ways in which they clip sound
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Ok so what is the Line 6 flextone like? Does it have a cd/mp3 in connection?

What is the tone like? Overall sound etc

Thanks
Quote by Chinfrim
how much did u get for ur student loan?
coz im goin to b leaving school soon and i want to know how much i will have to waste on guitar gear lol
Hehe, being a financial aid administrator I am just going to pretend like I didn't see this thread.
Its all relative how much you get. Depends on how much your household income is, lower household income = more loan. I get 2600 a year, that given to me in 3 installments. I am getting back payed so probably around 1600 or some ****.
Quote by Chinfrim
Marshall MG10CD or Line 6 Micro Spider. Killer tone.

Seriously though, you might check out the Peavey Classic 30 or 50, I have the 30 and I love it (and its plenty loud.) And remember, tube amps get about 3 times more volume per watt than solid state amps, so a 30 watt amp can get hella loud.
Fender Tele
Breedlove SM20
Cort M800

Peavey Classic 30
Roland Microcube

Digitech RP250
Digitech Bad Monkey
Orange Tiny Terror + affordable 1x12" is another option.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
problem is there are very few low-wattage high gain amps. and those there are tend to be expensive (cornford carrerra/harlequin/hurricane, koch studiotone etc.).

you basically need to decide whether to:

(a) get a higher wattage high gain tube amp and be prepared to turn it WAY down (this will likely be expensive too for the really nice ones)

(b) get a lower wattage lower gain tube amp and be prepared for it to not really be aimed at the tone you want (and probably still be too loud, even if it's 5 watts)

(c) bite the bullet and save up for a lower wattage high gain amp

(d) get one of the nicer, non-tube modellers

(e) maybe get a spider valve, but i wasn't too impressed at its low volume high gain tones.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Cheers man, I played a Spider valve 112 today and thought it was pretty sweet. I was wondering though, how much is maintenance going to cost me like, depending on tubes having to be replaced etc.
Quote by Chinfrim
LOL i took out a student loan to buy gear too ...i just though it was funny that youre using some of your money for gear too.

friend of mine took out a loan to buy a gucci suit....seems like no one actually needs their aid or loans anymore, and just spends them on random **** haha
You realize your going to be paying off that loan.. For like 10 years, unless you have money pouring out of your ass.
^ yeah, but:

- it's at a lower rate than any other commercially available loan.

- if you don't get a job, you don't have to pay it back.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by scottp_15
Cheers man, I played a Spider valve 112 today and thought it was pretty sweet. I was wondering though, how much is maintenance going to cost me like, depending on tubes having to be replaced etc.

depends. check watford valves for prices... it has like 4 6L6s and 2 12ax7s i think.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Woelfe
Hehe, being a financial aid administrator I am just going to pretend like I didn't see this thread.

Seeing as you know about money I thought I would ask a question that has had me wondering.

If you have your student loan and then place it in a high interest account (higher than whatever it is on the loan), and then when the time comes to pay it back could you make a nice profit?
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
yes.

just remember about things like inflation etc. which can eat away at your profits. and you need to know the exact rate of interest etc. payable, which frequently changes.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?