Against All Kings

The first two songs on here are the only originals we've recorded with decent quality so far (everything else on there was recorded on a cheap tape deck with one cheap condenser mic in the middle of the room). The first song on there has our new singer on it, the second has me attempting to sing. I've spent so much time mixing and tweaking these that I can't really tell how good they are anymore, so critiques would be very welcome, as would myspace adds if you feel like it. We've been considering putting together an EP, but I really haven't been able to step back and see if the quality is good enough. What do you guys think?

Also, if you leave a link to your own recordings I'll try to critique you back.
Dunlop Straps™
The best sounding straps on the market

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows
Last edited by Missingno476 at Jan 27, 2008,
I think the recording quality is a bit too quiet for an EP, but Im not sure.

I listened to the first song on there. The vocals are really odd. However they are growing on me, especially throughout the chorus. I think the vocals get a lot stronger during the more powerful parts of the song.

I enjoyed the bass... it was nice to be able to hear the bass guitar in a song for once. The structure of the song was a bit steriostypical old skool rock song though. With the vocals in between the guitar parts.

The chorus was catchy, and it did grow on me, just work on the recording quality and your all dandy, haha.

Thanks for critting mine.
Hmmm.. well, I think it was quite poorly mixed.
Not anything else to say really.. keep rocking!
Quote by tobyaustin
I think the recording quality is a bit too quiet for an EP, but Im not sure.

I listened to the first song on there. The vocals are really odd. However they are growing on me, especially throughout the chorus. I think the vocals get a lot stronger during the more powerful parts of the song.

I enjoyed the bass... it was nice to be able to hear the bass guitar in a song for once. The structure of the song was a bit steriostypical old skool rock song though. With the vocals in between the guitar parts.

The chorus was catchy, and it did grow on me, just work on the recording quality and your all dandy, haha.

Thanks for critting mine.

Well, there are programs that can boost an MP3 file's volume without much trouble, we'll probably get one of those for the EP. Or did you mean like the relative volumes of the parts? Because I think we have too much vox and not enough guitar. Thanks for the feedback dude.
Dunlop Straps™

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows
I liked it. Guitar could be a bit cleaner and singer could flow a bit better (my band as well) Bass and drums were cool.
Quote by Pepelepeu
I liked it. Guitar could be a bit cleaner and singer could flow a bit better (my band as well) Bass and drums were cool.

You mean like less distortion cleaner, or just more defined?
Dunlop Straps™

Quote by steven seagull
Guitars could be alot less distorted, thats true.. That'd been alot better! Your sound would suit that perfect!
I think that backing down the gain would just make us sound like another retro-rock band a la Wolfmother, and I think we have more going on than that. I'm probably going to overdub an acoustic guitar on the final recording for a more layered sound, though.
Dunlop Straps™

Quote by steven seagull
well, actually I meant the guitar was a bit sloppy. Nothing too major tho, the riffs were still really good.
cool sound. yeah some of the guitar just needs tightening up, and a bit more volume would make it more readied for an EP release. drums could maybe come up a tiny bit? for an LP, id suggest going to a studio though