Hey UGers!

I'm playing guitar for about EDIT: 3or 4 years!!! years and still with my old Equip!.. I have a Stagg S300, and a Marshall MG10cd (yeah sucks really : )) and want to buy new equip :P..

I have a budget about maximum 500€ if i save up some money, sell my old amp and guitar, and get about 200€ from my family for bithday in march 6th..
My genres are mostly rock, and still all kinds of rock, and a bit metal, too, but not too much^^

I want a Guitar with minimum 1 Humbucker and floyd rose tremolo..
the amp is for home use/ little gigs/ band use, and i thought about a roland cube 30/60..

what do you think? should i stay with my guitar first, save money for the amp, and buy a new guitar after i saved up more and bought the amp?

Please don't kill me with your ownage posts of destruction.. some help, advices and suggestions would be really nice : )
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
Last edited by HeartRaz0r at Jan 27, 2008,
New amp.

then a new guitar.

and I thought you said you were poor as ****?
Quote by Aleene
New amp.

then a new guitar.

and I thought you said you were poor as ****?

Haha the times changed my friend ... now i have money and need advices ...
Could you make me some suggests for a new amp then? thanks : )
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
new amp first. my suggestion is about a 30 watt tube amp. that should be enough for what you need.it i'll be louder than you expect.
GUITARS:
Fender Strat w/ Seymour duncans
Agile Explorer w, SD livewire metal
Fender Telecaster w/ hot rail

PEDALBOARD:
Boss chromatic tuner
Ibanez weeping demon
*Digitech Whammy*
MXR Smart Gate
Buy the amp first- the cube is a great amp- especially metal. I would recommend you also look at a Vox Valvetronix AD50VT - it may be more suited to you as you play more rock than metal.

If you don't need effects and stuff maybe a low-wattage valve amp would be better.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Yeah, i'm playing more rock than metal, so do you think the vox is better for me? I think i have to test some amps in the local guitar store here, before i make a decision

EDIT: the price range for the amp would be 300€^^... i have the 500€ but i would give 300€ max for the amp, and then save the 200€ for a guitar (yeah have to save more for a good one, i know : ))
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
fender and vox make some great amps that arent too pricey(although their not exactly cheap) and like said above you could look at the vox valvetronix series i own one and it's killer. it's a hybrid tube/ss though. my personal favorite is the vox ac series amps. they're a bit expensive though.
GUITARS:

PEDALBOARD:
Boss chromatic tuner
Ibanez weeping demon
*Digitech Whammy*
MXR Smart Gate
vox=#1
some guitar ideas. you said you wanted a floyd rose, and for the money you want to spend I'd look at ibanez. the edge series bridges (in my opinion) are better.
GUITARS:

PEDALBOARD:
Boss chromatic tuner
Ibanez weeping demon
*Digitech Whammy*
MXR Smart Gate
Vox Valvetronix 30 looks really nice, maybe i'll buy it.. What do you think, should i get a Roland Cube 30 or the vox?

EDIT: Is the valvetronix loud enough for band practice and gigs?
At the thing with ibanez: yeah i'm sure that i'll buy an ibanez, some suggestions? : )

EDIT²: The amp i'm looking for should have a Headphone Output!!!
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
VOX VOX VOX!!!

Ibanex rg370dx , rg370dxgp, rg350mdx, s320, rg5ex1 should all be in your price range.

or you could look at the rg prestige series.
GUITARS:

PEDALBOARD:
Boss chromatic tuner
Ibanez weeping demon
*Digitech Whammy*
MXR Smart Gate
thanks a lot
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
You really need to try before you buy. It's all a matter of opinion. To my ear the Roland Cube 30 has a much better tone then the Vox AD30VT. You may agree, you may not.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Yeah thanks, i wanted to get some suggestions first before i try : )
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
Quote by ibanezguitarkid
VOX VOX VOX!!!

Ibanex rg370dx , rg370dxgp, rg350mdx, s320, rg5ex1 should all be in your price range.

or you could look at the rg prestige series.

thou shalt not buy a guitar with an Edge 3 tremolo.
Ibanez rg321mh ftw? Try it.

get ur amp first tho. more impact on the sound right away
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Quote by Walternativo
thou shalt not buy a guitar with an Edge 3 tremolo.
Ibanez rg321mh ftw? Try it.

get ur amp first tho. more impact on the sound right away

Edge III is not THAT bad, get it set up properly and It will be a good trem.
But that does not mean that you should go out there and buy a guitar with a crappy trem. I suggest you get the amp, and get a job or something, and then save up for a really nice guitar, Maybe an LTD or an ibanez, maybe even schecter
Quote by sum_ugly_man
Edge III is not THAT bad, get it set up properly and It will be a good trem.
But that does not mean that you should go out there and buy a guitar with a crappy trem. I suggest you get the amp, and get a job or something, and then save up for a really nice guitar, Maybe an LTD or an ibanez, maybe even schecter

Thanks a lot,
to the thing with the trem: i still want just a licensed floyd rose, not a crappy edge II/III^^...

Yeah than i'll buy the Vox amp with 30 watt and save up some money to buy a new guitar, maybe this year, maybe the next year : )... thanks guys!
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_