I wanna buy a good bass guitar thats at least under 1000 dollars.

I Like Metal and whatnot.

I can't decide what i want though.

I Have a Peavy tour 450 amp head with a Peavy tour 410 cabinet.
Last edited by 69usefulidiot69 at Jan 27, 2008,
I'm assuming a 1000 U.S dollars?

Well, with that kind of scratch you could go with a Fender Active Jazz MIA. (Made in America). Or for metal I would suggest something like the Warwick Rockbass.

What kind of amp are using though?
yes, if we don't know your rig we can't give any advice, however, off the bat an esp or ltd would be killer, a P-bass would be pretty good as well, or maybe an Ibanez, I personally would go with either an LTD or a P-bass
Member of the "Shoop Da Woop" club, PM to Join
for metal maybe an schetter
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
For metal, try Ibanez or Schecter. Go to a music store and try some out.
"Acoustic Guitars are totally lame and not metal"- Nathan Explosion
Lots of choices out there. I've stuck mainly with Fender products. My first was a P Bass and I currently have a Jazz Bass and a Rickenbacker 4001. Both have different personalities. Try out as many makes as you can and decide what suits your type of music.
I was able to pick up a Fender Jazz for about $800, you can probably get a precision for about the same
Get a Vampyre rockbass or a Bc rich NT Warlock.
I like the vampyres versitile tone but the growl on the warlock is great too.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Quote by pie_man_25
yes, if we don't know your rig we can't give any advice, however, off the bat an esp or ltd would be killer, a P-bass would be pretty good as well, or maybe an Ibanez, I personally would go with either an LTD or a P-bass

The LTD that i saw this one guy use is awesome i couldn't find a price or a place that sells it though.
i have a geddy lee jazz that gets a variety of sounds (and sounds good), but i picked mine up for $550 on ebay, so you could probably do better if you're willing to spend $1000. that's all i can say, i don't know much about metal bass playing.
Quote by FbSa
I'm assuming a 1000 U.S dollars?

Well, with that kind of scratch you could go with a Fender Active Jazz MIA. (Made in America). Or for metal I would suggest something like the Warwick Rockbass.

What kind of amp are using though?

If you can get an American Deluxe Fender Jazz for $1000, Christ, buy it ASAP. You can afford a Warwick Corvette at around that price - forget the Rockbass. Also, comparing a top-of-the-line Fender Jazz to a Rockbass isn't really realistic.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Warwick Corvette or a MIA Fender Jazz
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1