I know, I know, I'm asking the Pit.

Back when I was in high school, my history teacher lent me two books by the same author. They were basically the most over-the-top action stories imaginable. They made your average James Bond film look like a cooking show episode. There's literally a massive explosion every two pages.

The most I can remember, is that both books featured an elite Marine unit, who would be dispatched to deal with the worst of crisis. The first book was about some mad genius Louisianan general faking his death so he could seize control of some ultra-secret stronghold (in Area 51, perhaps.) The base contains a child, who is the result of a genetic experiment, who contains a gene which, apparently, Asians don't have The Marine leader then saves the kid and crashes a space shuttle into the base. I'm pretty sure there's a nuclear explosion there too. Like I said, it's over the top.

The second novel takes place in Antarctica iirc, something which is assumed to be an alien spaceship crashes there. The Marine unit is sent out again, but there's a lot of backstabbing and there's also those pesky Frenchies and Russians who are trying to get their hands on it. Probably ends with a nuclear explosion too.

So, does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? Anyone?
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
They shoulda just sold the book while it was on fire. You'd probably get the idea better.
What the hell were you thinking?

i duno lol. tihs r liek wen i traid drawn maiself n teh t0ilit.

ROFL.

EPICPHAIL.

gess i cant dai.
Matthew Reilly. The first book you mentioned is Area 7 and the second one is Ice Station. Definitely one of my favourite authors.

When I saw the title of this thread I thought you were looking for recommendations and I was about to come in here and recommend him... crazy...
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Quote by Tombe
Matthew Reilly. The first book you mentioned is Area 7 and the second one is Ice Station. Definitely one of my favourite authors.

When I saw the title of this thread I thought you were looking for recommendations and I was about to come in here and recommend him... crazy...

Lol, I was about to say the very same thing. I've only read Area 7, and to be honest it was a very average book. Not sure if I wanna read anything else by him.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

Quote by Tombe

That's the one! Thanks a million
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
That guy who wrote Rambo.
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.