any tips on how to do vibrato? looked at loads of vids/books/guides, but its not clicked yet... help?
Quote by guitarboy221
The only reason I want to buy a new guitar now is becasue I'm starting to NEED a better guitar, oppose to just WANTING one.
Do it with your wrist. I lift the rest of my hand off when I do vibrato and just use my wrist.
Feed your mind.
=O Just watch some video lessons YouTube to get the correct technique. After that there's nothing to it except practice. The only way you'll have good vibrato is the focus on in improving it with the correct technique. There are no secrets to getting amazing vibrato
I would watch how Violinists, Violists, Cellists, etc. do it. It really isn't much different from guitar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TMZGNp4tKg
B.B. King has amazing vibrato. Listen to him
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
I do it the same way I do on viola - sort of rock your wrist back and forth, pivoting on the end of your finger(s).
Yeah, just watch other guitarists and develop you own. It takes time to get it just right, but with practice, you'll get there.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Quote by The Madcap
I would watch how Violinists, Violists, Cellists, etc. do it. It really isn't much different from guitar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TMZGNp4tKg

Violinists and such are a good way to see how to do vibrato....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
There's different types of vibrato, though. The vibrato you see in classical music is much different from the stuff you'll see in blues and rock music. I imagine, though, that the physics of both types are *somewhat* similar.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
yes exactly

(A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music)

BUY MY DW 7002 DOUBLE BASS PEDAL
i just watched like zakk wylde or slash doin' it in a video once, and picked it up