Right now currently playing on an Ibanez Gio through a Peavey Envoy 110 40 watt. Should I buy a decent level ibanez and continue to play on this amp (a really good one for 100 bucks, too) or buy a better amp and play on my ****ty gio?

Thx.
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Warrior WRXT *FS/FT*
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Part of UG's 7 STRING LEGION
I say save up a little more, and get an even better Ibanez.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
Well if you think your amp is decent, but your guitar is a load of rubbish.... Buy the new guitar then, duh...
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
nice wintersun quote reinventingevil. i heard new album is gonna be wicked long possible double cd
Call me donny man. I can only hope so, it's been what.. almost 2 ****ing years?! Anyway, I can't exactly save up I'm 16 and having horrible luck finding a job. My mom just did her taxes and she offered to buy a new guitar, but the limit is like.. 350.

So yeah, I rarely get money of my own and I'm looking to spend it now.
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

I found somebody who would sell me a Schecter Diamond Series XXX for 300, but they seemed WAY to happy to sell it so something tells me it must be wrong.. it has duncan pickups, though..hmm.

Also looking at the Ibanez RG2EX2 at guitar center, brand new, total was 326 bucks. Says it's marked down from 549.99.. seems like a fair deal to me! Has EMG-Designed pickups, too.
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

that amp gets some pretty good reviews at
http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar+Amp/product/Peavey/Envoy+110/10/1
so, get a new guitar
i got a dkmg with a broken headstock for $175. and the emg hz pick-ups
my local tech could have re-glued the head so it would be like normal, but i went ahead and bought a practically brand new dkmg neck off evilBay. i had a 20-year-old floyd, but i'm sure the lisenced floyd is just as good.
then i had a tone-zone and a super 2.
so go used
btw, my previous guitar was an ibanez RG project guitar. and i like the dkmg SSOOOO much better. i find the neck to be WAY easier to play. and some how the whole thing feels more substantial.
but now i'm jonesing for an ltd-ec500
but actually RGs are sort of hard to piece together. they have proprietary hardware. like the ferrules for the neck screws
Honestly, it's a solid amp.

I'd go to GC or a local shop with your GIO, tell them you're looking for something new to replace the GIO, and work from there. Play everything you can, see what kind of deal they'll give you on a trade in, and just be open minded.
The guy said the RG2EX2 was a pretty good step above the gio. I can't sell the gio, though, my dad got it for me for christmas and I don't want to be disrespectful.
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

i'm quite partial to the Schecter Gryphon it has a very very comfortable neck imho and sounds great even with the duncan designeds that come stock. Comes with coil splits for extra versatility and all that jazz. it's atleast worth a look
yeah i was lookin at that too.. so now it's a toss up between schecter gryphon, Ibanez RG2EX2 or Schecter diamond series XXX.. hmm..
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

i think you should get a job and earn some money. maybe contribute to society.
used tube combo. Best possible improvement in sound.
Then save up and get a new guitar too cos Ibanez gios suck monkey balls. I know I used to have 1
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard