Hi,

Iam planning on buying a new guitar but i cant decide if i should buy the ibanez xpt700 or a razorback ( most likely the bumblebee). Could someone please tell me what one i should get and why.
well,
tbh, neither

the razorback is horrendously overpriced,
and xiphos, while pretty good, has the edge 3 trem. system in it, which you should avoid like the plague.

have you looked at any ESP's or any Jacksons?

whats your price range?
There both pretty crappy IMO.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by glamdring22

have you looked at any ESP's or any Jacksons?

whats your price range?

Schecters are also great guitars if your not on a tight budget.

But we need to know your price range.
Gear List is too long to sig.

JOIN THE TRUMPET PLAYERS ALLIANCE!
Quote by Supertait
^yeah that would be the problem here, they're a few tiles short of a roof and wouldnt undertand.

Lol^^
xiphos wins.

so what if it has a crappy trem, its an easy fix, and easy to upgrade
and the pickups on that thing are insane
get the xiphos
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
wait a bit for some new 2008 models to come out.

keep an eye for ESP, Jackson, and Ibanez. also, if you can push to maybe $1000, i HIGHLY recommend the Jackson SLSMG, one of the best i've played. or a Carvin custom, very inexpensive with some of the best neck contouring i've felt in my life.

if you have a guitar now, save your money for something you're gonna KEEP because everytime i upgrade a guitar, its $100 more than the previous one and i get rid of it within a year for another one and its very aggrivating. just last year i finally got my keeper, an esp mh400

EDIT: sorry bout the US dollars, but i don't know my pounds/euros. they're relatively close anyways
Vociferance

Halcyon

Quote by dead-fish
OMGZ! Chuck shuldingr iz teh master conspiraiter!

Quote by jakekilgore666
sean hart i love your avatar
Out of those, the Xiphos, cos the Razorback is overpriced crap. If you want the Xiphos I'd recommend the Jackson WRMG, it's a very similar shape because it's far superior in terms of hardware minus the neck-thru construction and the LFR on it is actually pretty decent
ohai little sig.
Quote by littel
how much is that in us dollars? lol

It is about $1000.

Moon
The cliched "rig" Signature:

ESP LTD EC-1000VBL (EMG-ed)
Dean Cadillac SilverBurst Left-handed
Boss GT-8
Roland Micro-Cube
Line 6 FlexTone III XL
Levy's straps
Quote by Demonikk
Out of those, the Xiphos, cos the Razorback is overpriced crap. If you want the Xiphos I'd recommend the Jackson WRMG, it's a very similar shape because it's far superior in terms of hardware minus the neck-thru construction and the LFR on it is actually pretty decent

lies
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
if youre going to get a razorback, you should just get a regular ML. im not a big fan of the xiphos
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
Xiphos's are around $700, right? Look at the new ESP F-2E i think it is, one of the brand new NAMM models. I think its around the same price, but its a neck-thru and has an OFR i think, as well as coil-splitting. And its only $530. AN ESP EX-400, an Explorer shape with an EMG 81/60 combo, is only $600, and worth checking out as well.
Quote by danielrobbyshor
lies

I've played quite a few Jackson LFRs and they've done the job well
ohai little sig.
If you like the look of the Xiphos, then I highly suggest you take a look at the Jackson WRMG. Similar body styling, great pickups, better trem, better quality (IMO).
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Muhammed Suicmez uses a Xiphos. You can check how they sound here http://youtube.com/watch?v=dPD58qSsu6w
Quote by BigRudy
I disagree Slipknot is more technical than Necrophagist and more brutal than Suffocation, that's why I do hardcore dances to it with my 14 year old friends.
Quote by BadBishop
Muhammed Suicmez uses a Xiphos. You can check how they sound here http://youtube.com/watch?v=dPD58qSsu6w

It looks very "Marshall." lmao.

What's that playing in the background?
i want the guitar to have a floyd rose or floyd rose style locking trem on it, i mostly play metal style music so i want it to have a metal sound with alot of gain a bit like panteras sound.
Quote by fullarton
i want the guitar to have a floyd rose or floyd rose style locking trem on it, i mostly play metal style music so i want it to have a metal sound with alot of gain a bit like panteras sound.

Wait a sec, nobody as asked about the amp.

What amp do you have? That's gonna be the determining factor as far as sound goes, not the guitar.
Quote by mafropetee
Wait a sec, nobody as asked about the amp.

What amp do you have? That's gonna be the determining factor as far as sound goes, not the guitar.

I meant the pick-ups to have that kind of sound not the amp i play the guitar through
Quote by fullarton
I meant the pick-ups to have that kind of sound not the amp i play the guitar through

Problem is, the pickups WON'T have that kind of sound unless you use an amp that is also geared toward that sound. We can't help you achieve a certain sound without first knowing what your amp is.
Quote by mafropetee
It looks very "Marshall." lmao.

What's that playing in the background?

Seven by Necrophagist.
Quote by BigRudy
I disagree Slipknot is more technical than Necrophagist and more brutal than Suffocation, that's why I do hardcore dances to it with my 14 year old friends.
Quote by fullarton
the amp i have atm is a marshall avt150hx, hope this helps

UG... arm the flame canons.

But I won't contribute to that mess. As long as you like the sound of that amp and don't play any gigs anytime soon, then you're fine. But don't expect pickups to make any kind of difference in sound. It takes a tube amp to bring out the real differences in pickups.
Quote by BadBishop

Even if that's basically his signature model, Muhammed does not use the Xiphos that's for sale at the moment, he doesn't use an Edge III and I think his pickup configuration is different too.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Last edited by duncang at Jan 27, 2008,
Quote by duncang
Even if that's basically his signature model, Muhammed does not use the Xiphos that's for sale at the moment, he doesn't use and Edge III and I think his pickup configuration is different too.

Ya the pickups look more like EMGs.
Quote by fullarton

A Jackson Warrior is basically the same shape, and as others said, the trem is much more reliable than the Edge III bridge on the Xiphos. If you want the hassle of having to change the bridge to a more reliable one, go for it, but I think it's better to buy the Warrior.

A Jackson RR3 or something like that wouldn't be a bad choice either.
I did also think about the jackson rr3.

If i did get the xiphos what would be the best replacement for the edge iii trem, preferably without having to make any changes to the body of the guitar to fit it in.
Quote by fullarton
I did also think about the jackson rr3.

If i did get the xiphos what would be the best replacement for the edge iii trem, preferably without having to make any changes to the body of the guitar to fit it in.

I've heard that an OFR will fit into the EIII routing, but I've also heard that this is only true with certain Ibanez guitar. I'm not sure what the deal is with the Xiphos.
what about the jackson rr3 or the bc rich kerry king signature series, would they be any better?
I've got a Jackson RR3, and I love it to pieces.
Great sound through my cube 30, love the trem, neck is fast, also the neck is satin which gives imo makes it faster too.