Page 1 of 2
I'm going to name my basses (Look in my profile for pics). Any ideas?

Note:

5 String - "She" is kind of curvy so we've decided she's a girl bass, so I want a sexy name.

4 String - "He" should balance it out. You know, super tough maybe a Viking name like Ragnar.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
How the f*ck are you gonna get a cat to bark?

---------------------------5------8-----7-
----------------5-------------------------
------------------1-3-3-------/6----/5----
-1/3--1-1h3-------------------------------

Matt Freeman>You
Call the 4 string Eric. Eric the (whatever coloured bass it is). Also, stick an appropriate coloured beard on it. Also some horns.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
The First-Act should be named "Oops!" or "Uhh... thanks, mom... *groan*" (you all know exactly what I'm talking about).

The second bass I'd call "Blue 5-String". And it has a middle name - Schecter.

But seriously, I'm no good at naming (functional) names. The only instrument I've ever named and still own is Bill, my 50th Anniversary MIA Deluxe Strat. Everything else I call by either their company name, or model name. I don't have 2 Jazzes - but when I do, I'll call it by the presence of frets, or the artist the sig bass is.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
She looks like a slut - I'd call her Suzy. As for him...he's a bit rough around the edges...maybe he should be called Butch.
Quote by smb
She looks like a slut - I'd call her Suzy. As for him...he's a bit rough around the edges...maybe he should be called Butch.

ok my 4 is Butch
Quote by SeveralSpecies

Matt Freeman>You
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Incubus and Succubus.

Or, you can name the First Act 'Suck-ubus'.

OK, I'll stop now.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by smb

you know sluts named 'suzy'?
Quote by skater dan0
...and the bassist comes up to the EQ and moves all the sliders into the typical smiley face pattern and in a really thick Jamaican accent said "you can't have de bass without de smiley face"
Quote by TagRingo

my moms named sue
Quote by SeveralSpecies

Matt Freeman>You
Quote by TagRingo

I do, yes, but I know sluts with many names...I just like the name Suzy for a slut. Maybe (with respect to my ex missus) Liz would be a better bet!
Quote by BobMarleysGhost
Call the 4 string Eric. Eric the (whatever coloured bass it is). Also, stick an appropriate coloured beard on it. Also some horns.

Once a hive employee
Bysected accedentally
One sunny afternoon by me
I loved him - carnally.
Quote by ozoneslayer
and btw how make your own thread

OMG LOL
EQUIPMENT:
Squire P-bass - d'addario EXL230
Fender rumble 15
Epiphone Thunder Bird Reverse IV - Ernie ball super slinky
Vibe V-40b
Jerzey Acoustic bass - d'addario EXL190
KORG AX10B Bass Modeling signal Processor
Russian Big Muff
asking us to name your bass totally defeats the object of naming your instrument
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
i haven't decided to name any of mine yet, but they have nick names based off whats plastered all over them...

my guitars:
sg- candy propganda
strat- snapple guitar
acoustic- just has a wordy version of what i got written in japanese, but its real name is bella

my bass:
5 string- chip, a chip in the finish appeared from nowhere one day, hence the name
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
if i had the blue bass i would name it shiva.... final fantasy... but... i prob. wouldnt get the blue schecter cause i have a sunburst one.... that is called ifrit. FF

come up with something yourself. its not as good from us as it would be from yourself. think of something you like like skating. love that too by the way. and name it after a brand or skater? ehh? its start.
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
Last edited by matosh.lee at Jan 27, 2008,
Yeah. Name it Emanuel Sandhu or Kellog's.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Give the basses a name that makes somewhat of an obscure reference but still relates to their characteristics. For instance:
My Spector Rebop is named Charybdis.
Reference: Homer's epic poem "The Odyssey"
Reasoning (based on characteristics): It's ****ing deep. also, it eats ships.
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
My P-Bass is Sheila cause the ****ing things a tank ( E-Cookies if you catch the reference)
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
Quote by TheBassMan3
I'm going to name my basses (Look in my profile for pics). Any ideas?

Note:

5 String - "She" is kind of curvy so we've decided she's a girl bass, so I want a sexy name.

4 String - "He" should balance it out. You know, super tough maybe a Viking name like Ragnar.

if you come up with a name than tell us cause were waiting.
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
my guitar came first, it was an LP so it was "lester" and then my bass came which was "mo." figure it out.
oh dats nasty^ lestermo
Quote by camhussynec

Thanks for nothing
Why don't you call the man bass a prissy name and the female bass a tough name?

Eg. Cecil and Slagathor?
I call my black and white squier Sid im sure you can guess why and I call fender Pearl because the finish reminds me of a pearl
Quote by PunkRocker33133
My P-Bass is Sheila cause the ****ing things a tank ( E-Cookies if you catch the reference)

Red Vs. Blue (w00t for me).

Name one of them 'its name is'. Its got everything. Suspence. A fake contration. Plus itll make you look like a douche bag.
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500
Ibanez ATK700 (all but sold)
Ashdown Elec. Blue 180 (need something else...)

-Bass Militia- \m/
I named my bass Roxy cuz when i was thinking of naming it I remembered something that happened recently involving that name. and the name just sounds good.

as for your's, what about aimee? that was gonna be my bass's name if i didnt name it roxy
I give mine first and last names. That gives them so much more opportunity to be themselves.

Black Ibanez Ergodyne - Horatio Obsidian
Natural Stingray - Earnest Irwinicide

Yes. Irwinicide. Pretty much... I'm cutting edge.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
Quote by silentdob
Red Vs. Blue (w00t for me).

Name one of them 'its name is'. Its got everything. Suspence. A fake contration. Plus itll make you look like a douche bag.

****. I knew that. ****er beat me to the click.

check out all they videos on youtube
they dead serious about thuggin like that
if you ask me they are fruity
an i hope one morning they drown in there fruit loops
Quote by slap-a-bass
why would you name your instrument!? do you talk to your instrument? do you say...hop on ragnar weve got a gig in an hour!

im done

Yes.

Yes, I do talk to my basses.

I refer to them by their names when talking to them, and if somebody does something that offends their respective honors, I force my acquaintance to apologize directly to my basses' faces. I am very protective of both Horatio and Earnest. They are family.

Good day sir.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
Page 1 of 2