Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why Gibson has never released the "white washed" version of a LesPaul that Buckethead plays? I have no idea whether he is endorsed by Gibson or not... but his LesPaul is sexy, and one would think Gibson would want him on board. Just curious if anyone knows.
Bucket Head Plays alot of guitars and I think some are custom made for him or upgraded by a third party. Also Did you ever think Buckethead didn't want to be endorsed?
he may be a little to eccentric for the masses. not everybody shreds with a KFC bucket on their head.
All my guitars are old enough to buy beer, are You?
^^I figured that was part of it... I just wasn't sure. Hints why I was asking.

Yeah, I had heard he had upgraded the LesPaul Custom himself, but I also figured Gibson would pay good money to capitalize on his underground fame. So, I was just curious if anyone knew anything I didn't.
I doubt he'd let them make a sig model.

there's very little info on it anyway, so i'd assume he's protective of it.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Why would they pay to capitalize on underground fame when they can actually make money on mainstream fame?
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
Mr. Buckethead seems like quite the introvert. He probably wouldn't enjoy a bunch of Gibson engineers poking at his guitar, then launching a new "BUCKETHEAD WHITEWASH GIBSON CUSTOM. BUCKET NOT INCLUDED". He wouldn't want all the attention. My theory at least.
he's got more than enough attention allready i think. He's everywhere on youtube, don't think a signature guitar would make any difference on his popularity.
Ibanez RGA 121 w/ SD SH-6b & SH-2n Jazz
Ibanez RGA 121
Epiphone G-400 w/ EMG 81&60A
Fender Stratocaster Original 1978 Sunburst
Alvarez Acoustic DY-85

Fender G-Dec 8" 15W

VOX AD120VT 2*12" 120W

KORG AX1500G
Quote by swe_fender
he's got more than enough attention allready i think. He's everywhere on youtube, don't think a signature guitar would make any difference on his popularity.

That was my thought too... it's "underground popularity" but YouTube has made him fairly mainstream metal... so it would just be easy money. But I do see the point about the Gibson engineers and whatnot... I just didn't want to be argumentative.
i assume the guitar is personal to him, probably doesnt want all us noobs with the exact same geetar
Releasing a signature model might not be too good an idea for someone like Buckethead because it's not exactly gonna guarantee his sound because he uses so much different gear.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Apparently Buckethead is pretty hard to find too and he doesnt like being in the spotlight. Read up on him a little bit. He seems a pretty shy and timid person. I dont think he wants everyone going around with guitars like his with BUCKETHEAD on the headstock.
Gear:
ESP LTD EC 1000 Black
Squier Satin Strat H-S-S
ENGL Fireball 60w Head
Orange 1x12 Cab with Vintage 30's.
Monster Cables
Dunlop Ultex Jazz 3s XL
Ernie Ball 54-11

Quote by Spider22
Apparently Buckethead is pretty hard to find too and he doesnt like being in the spotlight. Read up on him a little bit. He seems a pretty shy and timid person. I dont think he wants everyone going around with guitars like his with BUCKETHEAD on the headstock.

True he hates being the center of the attention, that is one of the reasons for the mask.

Ts, I would suggest making your own guitar, just buy a nice Epiphone or a Gibson if you have the money, and modify it like Buckethead did
Quote by Punk_Ninja
I'm pretty sure it's just a gibson les paul painted with some Dimarzios stuck in there and a killswitch.
Do it yourself

It's a custom made baritone les paul, with (people assume (I've yet to see a source)) Dimarzios and a killswitch. But nobody (that I've seen) knows the neck thickness or the specific model of dimarzios or the tuners or the bridge etc.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
It's a brand of pickups like seymour duncan or EMG

Quote by element4433
Baritone Les Paul, extended neck, thicker neck, much larger body than usual + no tone control (or is it no volume control? = not a lot of profit if Gibson wanted to make a sig guitar for him, even though I doubt he'd agree to it anyway.
It's not a baritone guitar... the scale length is simply longer due to him being so tall.

The main wood is from the 1959 years, but it's been enlarged somehow. The fingerboard is also ebony with 24 frets.

The guitar has one tone and one volume knob, with the killswitch and 3-way switch placed in place of the other tone and volume knobs. Where the 3-way switch used to be is now filled in.

Some of this information was acquired through www.bingeandgrab.com and other information was observation.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
hmmmmmmm.

Why not just do a whitewash, killswitch series and leave his name off?
Please do not insinuate anything sexual from that.

Quote by cobain_is_king
If your friends don't like your guitar, cover it in stickers and it'll be teh rawks!