im constantly breaking my bloody top E and its pissing me off is there anywere that i can buy bulk single strings?
if you dont like me kiss my arss
^^yeah, they hide it in guitar shops. But has anyone noticed string companies are getting smarter and putting 2 G,B,E strings in their packs? I always go with those packs.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
yea, try some of the larger stores. you can buy them in bulk. i think you get 10 or 20 of whatever gauge you're looking for
All my guitars are old enough to buy beer, are You?
i know rotosound gives you two high Es in their packs. Tho ive never ever broken a string, are u sure ur not just being a tad too rough? or do u have an issue at bridge/nut thats knicking your string and causing it to break prematurely?
Another thing you might consider is if you haven't already, troubleshoot why that string is breaking so often compared to the others (besides the obvious fact that it's thinner).

Where is it breaking, is it always in the same spot?

Is it breaking over the saddle constantly? This is not an unheard of problem on some older strats, teles and badly set up tuneomatic style bridges.

Or are you just playing like a madman on 8's. They won't stand up to really hard playing for very long.

Anyway, apply some thought process to the problem and figure out what the cause is. YOuc an keep pouring money into fixing the symptom or prevent future occurrences by addressing whatever the actual problem might be.
Quote by KryptNet
^^yeah, they hide it in guitar shops. But has anyone noticed string companies are getting smarter and putting 2 G,B,E strings in their packs? I always go with those packs.

they do? which brands?
There's a burr in your guitar's string nut or bridge.

Let's fix the problem, instead of treating the symptoms! This way, you won't have problems with breaking strings again.

The burr causes your strings to break. Where do they break? At the bridge, or at the nut? How do they break? If you're talking about the low E, does it unwind the metal windings on the string?
Quote by myearshurt
they do? which brands?
I know La Bella does it for sure cause I buy their strings. But I *think* Daddario does it too.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
i forget what brand it is i think its roto pinks?!
ne ways they put an extra hight e in their packs...
When I was learning to strum I was breaking high e strings like crazy. It went away when I got coordinated.
Last edited by Mike-T at Jan 30, 2008,