Page 1 of 2
So every year in the summer, there are two huge christian music concerts (one in the northeast of the U.S. and one in the Northwest)

Each show every year lasts a few days (about 4) and you camp out and have a good time rocking out with the bands and friends

A few good bands that are going to be there are bands like...

Flyleaf
Thousand Foot Krutch
Skillet
Family Force 5
Kutless
Pillar
Disciple
Jeremy Camp
Switchfoot
Red
Fireflight
Inhale Exhale
and a tons of other awesome bands

the website for the fest is www.creationfest.com

I just want to know what your thoughts on this show are!

Personally i love it! i went last year and it changed my life and we got to meet a lot of bands and get a few autographs and such.
It's too bad the world wasn't created six thousand years ago, else this festival might be saved from ridicule.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
alright, i didn't create this forumn to discuss religion etc. if you want to do that please private message me and i might be able to explain some stuff and talk about it, im just wondering what people think about the bands and the show overall, not the beliefs
Quote by cjb2293
alright, i didn't create this forumn to discuss religion etc. if you want to do that please private message me and i might be able to explain some stuff and talk about it, im just wondering what people think about the bands and the show overall, not the beliefs

I told you what I think of the show overall.
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Each day is jam packed with music, teaching and activities for all ages

Teaching at a music festival? Ironically I think that's proof there is no God.
Christian bands are manufactured by record labels to appeal to a market of people that wouldn't listen to the music if the lyrics weren't religious. I have no disrespect for bands that include a religious message as long as they have integrity and aren't sell-outs, but any band billed as Christian Rock is just mainstream rock with Christian lyrics written if not by the label, the sell-outs in the band.
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
I havent heard of any of those bands, I think download is gonna be better.
not all christian bands are sell-outs or do what the label wants of them, if you look at the band Seventh Day Slumber, they are truely a christian rock band due to them being strong in faith and such (they played at creation last year), and most if not all bands at creation are in it for the awesome time and to praise god all in one
Quote by cjb2293
not all christian bands are sell-outs or do what the label wants of them, if you look at the band Seventh Day Slumber, they are truely a christian rock band due to them being strong in faith and such (they played at creation last year), and most if not all bands at creation are in it for the awesome time and to praise god all in one

I can't accept that on (excuse the pun) blind faith. I'll have to listen to the bands and find out for myself. I form my opinions based on my experiences; weird, I know.
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

<//////>~
Quote by met(AL)
I havent heard of any of those bands, I think download is gonna be better.

That's because download is about having fun and listening to awesome music as opposed to listening to music that follows the strict rules laid down by a society over 2000 years ago that bear no relation to modern life in order to praise a magical bearded wizard in the sky.

/rant also *gasp for air*
Last edited by rizo299 at Jan 27, 2008,
Quote by rizo299
That's because download is about having fun and listening to awesome music as opposed to listening to music that follows the strict rules laid down by a society over 2000 years ago that bear no relation to modern life in order to praise a magical bearded wizard in the sky.

Preach to the people!!
Quote by rizo299

Christian bands don't have to follow rules either! they make their music how they want it and at the festival you can pretty much do whatever (except for drugs, sex, etc.)

It's definatly not just some strict show, it gets pretty wild and last year in the mosh pit for Project 86 there were quite a few injuries.
Quote by cjb2293
It's definatly not just some strict show, it gets pretty wild and last year in the mosh pit for Project 86 there were quite a few injuries.

In the name of Jesus!!! Can I get an AAAAAAAAAAAMEN??
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6

<//////>~
Quote by crazynickman
Christian bands are manufactured by record labels to appeal to a market of people that wouldn't listen to the music if the lyrics weren't religious. I have no disrespect for bands that include a religious message as long as they have integrity and aren't sell-outs, but any band billed as Christian Rock is just mainstream rock with Christian lyrics written if not by the label, the sell-outs in the band.

+1

The only Christian bands I can stand are Underoath, Relient K, and Switchfoot. Every other Christian band takes ****ty popular bands and copies them to be even worse.

Quote by cjb2293
Christian bands don't have to follow rules either! they make their music how they want it and at the festival you can pretty much do whatever (except for drugs, sex, drinking, looking at a women lustfully, wearing clothes with more than one type of fabric, working on the sabbath, taking the lords name in vain, coming into contact with a woman while she is menstruating, not giving 10% of your income or the firstborn of your flocks to god, etc.)

Its basically anarchy.
I'll be your number one with a bullet.
Last edited by gryphonguy at Jan 27, 2008,
Quote by cjb2293

Where is your god now?
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
I prefer secular music, the message is more ambiguous, and lyrics can be interpreted any way, especially if they're not very straight forward
Is it only I who finds it ironic that there are so many Christian churches goin' on about how rock n roll is the devil's music blah blah blah yet there are so many Christian rock bands?
Quote by solitaryshell90
I prefer secular music, the message is more ambiguous, and lyrics can be interpreted any way, especially if they're not very straight forward

+1, nothing is forced down your throat.
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6

<//////>~
Quote by rizo299

/rant also *gasp for air*

Last review I read of this festival was that it was basically raping Christianity for all the money it can get. I have very little respect for the Christian music industry (and I'm a Christian).

Quote by michal23
Is it only I who finds it ironic that there are so many Christian churches goin' on about how rock n roll is the devil's music blah blah blah yet there are so many Christian rock bands?

Nearly all churches have given that mentality up since the 1950s and 1960s. Now they're all about "engaging the culture"... you know... by making exclusively Christian music... that is worse than "the culture's"...
Last edited by The Rambler at Jan 27, 2008,
Any festival designed purely to promote a religion has got to suck. If there's one thing I don't want to come into contact with at a music festival, it's a bunch of religious nuts trying to persuade me that the earth was created 6,000 years ago.
"Rockin good time" Mosh for god Yo. They should call this LAMEFEST. HAHA. This deserves an amen. Really.
sounds great, we dont have any of those kind of thinfgs in the UK, part form a great camp called Soul Survivor which is pretty insane, although, it isnt exactly a music festival, 5 day long camp in the middle of a field with 10 000 people, XD wooooooah fun fun fun.

and who said the world was created 6000 years ago? thats bull****, science proves that

science + religion can co-exist, most of my schools science teachers are christians

neways, sounds like a fun festival, and obviously from many comment which have been left is not most appealable to every person, doesnt mean you shud rip someones faith, i think that its impossible that theirs no God and that the world exploding from nothing into everything, and is much less feasible than a creator.

opinions opinions.
PSN: Noverion
thanks for the support Noverion, but this festival may not be for anyone, i was just wondering if people liked the type of music and stuff at the festival

and the earth wasn't created 6,000 years ago, nowhere does it ever say that, and anyone who wants to fight against the i have an hour long video of proof about creation over evolution and stuff of that sort

Heres one of the videos
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1760096128712631511&hl=en
Quote by Noverion
neways, sounds like a fun festival, and obviously from many comment which have been left is not most appealable to every person, doesnt mean you shud rip someones faith, i think that its impossible that theirs no God and that the world exploding from nothing into everything, and is much less feasible than a creator.

opinions opinions.

I don't know about everyone else, but I've kept my criticism to the genre, not the religion.
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6

<//////>~
I think Christian music has had some good pieces written for it. Note, that by pieces I am referring to classical periods like the Ren, Baroque, Classical, and Romantic. Not since then do I think God has received a worthy song. Satan has though.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
Quote by kaptink
Teaching at a music festival? Ironically I think that's proof there is no God.

I love you.
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
Quote by cjb2293
for people that have a descent critique on this thanks, but please listen to the bands before automatically judging the whole selection just because they are "christian" bands

I think we've done so. Very many Christian bands are hard to get into because their lyrical content is so... constrained. Compile that with generic music and you have a genre worthy of ignoring.

Quote by cjb2293
for people that have a descent critique on this thanks, but please listen to the bands before automatically judging the whole selection just because they are "christian" bands

I love Jesus as much as the next guy, if I wanna hear jibbering about God ill listen to bluegrass. I dont mind if you jibber about Jesus but make sure you can actually make listenable music, not that "alternative" old in the 90's style...
Quote by cjb2293
thanks for the support Noverion, but this festival may not be for anyone, i was just wondering if people liked the type of music and stuff at the festival

and the earth wasn't created 6,000 years ago, nowhere does it ever say that, and anyone who wants to fight against the i have an hour long video of proof about creation over evolution and stuff of that sort
I wouldn't even bother trying to have an intelligent discussion about religion at UG.

The majority of the people who actually respond to these types of threads are a bunch of pre-pubescent posers who think it is cool to bash other people and that two wrongs make a right. If you were expecting people with a mindset like, say Jason Becker, then you'll be sorely disappointed.

As for my opinion on Christian Rock, I only listen to the instrumental parts of a song, so I can't say it appeals to me in particular.
Welcome to BUCKETHEADLAND

Last edited by Colonel Sanders : Yesterday at 10:54 PM.
Quote by ldl67
You should burn a pen and convert to igneuspentheism

ehhh?

i like pens why burn them
Quote by Noverion
ehhh?

i like pens why burn them

Sacrifice

Quote by hethamulburton
Sacrifice

Fair enough, but i think sheep and goats are better because the point of sacrifice is to put htem in place of your sin, in effect giving your sin to them and then destorying the sin that you have commited.

Pens aren't living, therefore the act of sacrifice on them would not really be fulfilling anything.

Im gonna make the assumption that you treat the pen as a deity?

sounds prettyjoke.

Page 1 of 2