I'm having trouble getting this part down:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------5--7--5-------------------5--7--5------------------5--7--5-----
--------5--7-----------7----------5--7--------------------5--7-----------7----
--5--7----------------------5--7---------------------5--7----------------------

Anyone have any tips for getting this down?

Thanks!
w/o bass n drums, there wouldn't really be rock music.

Schecter is pronounced 'Shek-ter', right? I don't want to walk in and say, "Hey, can I try out that Sketcher?" and have the helper reply with "Wtf, we don't sell shoes!"
Practice it slowly and build up speed gradually making sure you can play it cleanly before speeding it up. It's the only way to be honest! If you study the way he plays in on the box set DVD (the Albert Hall gig) it may help.
That's just about the easiest thing to play on bass possible. Hammer on the 5-7's.

However, doing it for the 3 minutes or whatever makes it one of the hardest things to play on bass possible. I get hand cramps all the time, especially when I play it at warp speed.

Use your index and ring finger to fret the notes. You're going up and down the neck on the same frets without changing hand position at all. Do that, and hammer on. That is, hit each string once.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
if you're struggling to get straight from d-5 to e-5 at speed you could always fudge it and use an open a, i'd imagine that could give you trouble if you haven't got long fingers
Jesus is my airbag
Oh, yeah, you can play it on the A, D, and G strings, going 0-2 instead of 5-7 on the string below it. Yeah, it sounds thinner, but you only use 1 finger. Once you get the speed and rhythm down, you can then play it properly.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
i'd imagine that could give you trouble if you haven't got long fingers

yeah, I'm a pretty small guy...
w/o bass n drums, there wouldn't really be rock music.

Schecter is pronounced 'Shek-ter', right? I don't want to walk in and say, "Hey, can I try out that Sketcher?" and have the helper reply with "Wtf, we don't sell shoes!"