Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange 4x12 w/ Vintage 30s

Quote by druz15_UG
LPDave wins the internet!!!
The Cramps
Main Rig: ' 62 Reissue Strat, Crybaby Classic, Big Muff, Small Stone, Small Clone, Stereo Pulsar, Deluxe Memory Man, Hot Rod Deluxe (heavily modded w/ Jensen C12K speaker). Martin D-16gt. Deering Goodtime 2.
calavera is probably one of the best modern bands
much better than tiger army
tiger army is more of pop psycho mixed with afi
im slightly familiar with the genre so here are a few
calavera,os catalepticos,quakes,three bad jacks(sorta rockabilly more than psycho)
mad sin,demented are go,barnyard ballers,nekromantix, 7 shot screamers, but i hate them and there are many many more although a lot of them sound really similair to each other

check out calavera though they are really the best
The Koffin Kats, Nekromantix, Tiger Army (There older stuff is more psychobilly, the new CD is a mix of psychobilly and rockabilly) , HorrorPops (Somewhat rockabilly-ish), Devils Brigade..
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Last edited by CFH82 at Jan 27, 2008,
the horrorpops i think seem pretty bland and uninspired
the reverend is great,especially live
standout songs are
its martini time,now right now,time to pray,loco gringos like to party,where in the hell did you go with my toothbrush,wiggle stick,baddest of the bad,big red rocket of love,the devil's chasing me oh and party in your head,its their best ****ing song!
not psychobilly freakout
and they are more rockabilly with a punkish attitude than psycho
Last edited by hooligan07 at Jan 27, 2008,
Tiger Army and Horrorpops are good.

Believe it or not, all psycho bands don't have to sound exactly the same.
i just think the horrorpops are boring
tiger army has some good songs but they seem to sound the same in the albums i've heard
Quote by hooligan07
demented are go

My friend toured Europe with them while playing guitar for Roger Miret & the Disasters. He has some crazy stories about the lead singer.
start with the Cramps, and then the Meteors.
to tell you the truth, psychobilly doesn't float my boat as much as it used to. I'm a fan of these two, but I like old rockabilly much better.
Quote by hardrock1315
My friend toured Europe with them while playing guitar for Roger Miret & the Disasters. He has some crazy stories about the lead singer.

seems like a crazy bunch

I cant believe you guys havnt mentioned the STONES! Song about champagne, killing hookers, necrophilia and driving fast. What more could you dorks ask for.
SIZE]
Quote by hooligan07
seems like a crazy bunch

There's some **** you would not believe. Or maybe you would, I really don't know you.
Quote by ScummerVacation

I cant believe you guys havnt mentioned the STONES! Song about champagne, killing hookers, necrophilia and driving fast. What more could you dorks ask for.

Cool. Please DON'T upload some of their stuff and DON'T sent me a PM with a link to it.
My band does this thing for fun sometimes where we switch instruments and play really easy songs. We've done some like Blitzkrieg Bop and Voodoo Child. We're trying to think of some more and I wanted to do a rockabilly song. Does anyone know of a really simple rockabilly, not psychobilly, song that would be fairly easy for us to play eachother's instruments?

So far i've come up with Blue Suede Shoes
crazy little thing called love-queen
at least the rhythm guitar is fairly easy
not so sure about the lead
Quote by sargasm
Tiger Army and Horrorpops are good.

Believe it or not, all psycho bands don't have to sound exactly the same.

there are a few generic sounding psycho bands..
you said the same thing about a band i posted a link to a few weeks back when they are actually a pretty original band so im not really sure what your referring to when you say they sound the same
yeah i hope i dont sound stupid asking this but what is psychobilly exactly
is it just like crazier rockabilly?
Quote by xSepulturax
Rezurex are pretty good. Alot better live...

i met the singer or guitarist a few months back..
seemed like a cool guy
Quote by hooligan07
there are a few generic sounding psycho bands..
you said the same thing about a band i posted a link to a few weeks back when they are actually a pretty original band so im not really sure what your referring to when you say they sound the same

I was kind of joking. I just wanted an excuse to post Xone wayX lyrics (if we're thinking of the same thread here)
Quote by _wow_
yeah i hope i dont sound stupid asking this but what is psychobilly exactly
is it just like crazier rockabilly?

Pretty much. Horror-based lyrics are supposed to be part of it, but I dunno
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Meteors -If you can't get into the Meteors, you may as well give up on the genre altogether

Reverend Horton Heat -Pretty good, still got some mainstream appeal, not true psychobilly, but close enough

Mad Sin -Old stuff is pretty good, Meteors-style psycho... new stuff is pretty much ****

Three Bad Jacks - Not really psycho, but awesome greaser-ish rockabilly

Tiger Army - Absolute trash. They are to Psychobilly what AFI is to "Hardcore Punk".

Nekromantix - I really don't understand why Psychos pop boners for this band... they are lukewarm, mediocre musicians with ridiculously cheesy lyrics at best.

Horrorpops - Scenester chick-a-billy... 3/10

The Creepshow - Absolute crap. Sugary, poppy... they bank on having a hot lead singer to make up for their trite, stupid music.

The Matadors -This music is the sex. Seriously. Catchy, rockin... with cool, smooth vocals and lyrics. Check em out.

The Koffin Kats -Pretty good, not musical virtuosos, but fun stuff to listen to.

Demented Are Go! - Been doin it a long time and have racked up some rabid fans, but I don't really think they are all that impressive. They focus more on shock factor and stage shows than making good music, IMO

The Flametrick Subs -Texas Psychobilly... original sound and sense of style... check em out.

The Phenomenauts -another good recommendation

...All I can think of off the top of my head this morning.
calavera
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ExQzJFrUS4
one of the best
well in my opinion probably the best band that fits the genre
they have their own unique sound and their live shows are awesome
and while tiger army is cookie cutter it doesnt make them bad

afi while not a hardcore punk band is a band that produces quality material consistently
Last edited by hooligan07 at Feb 1, 2008,
Quote by hooligan07
i met the singer or guitarist a few months back..
seemed like a cool guy

Yeah, their drummer bought me beer. So they're cool in my book.
Danelectro
Reverend Horton Heat - "Smoke em if you've got em" is a great, it's later work sadly doesn't live up to it

Psychobilly isn't meant to be serious , social or right, but it takes a willing ear to appreciate it's strengths
One of my favorites, OS Catalepticos and los Gatos Locos, Guana Batz, and krewmen..... Frantic Flintstones is also really good... Depends what kind of psychobilly your looking for really man
The real sin is to die without having truly lived
the only good ones are the quakes, the meteors, reverend horton heat, and the frantic flintstones
You listen to rock, your ass is goin to HELL! You listen to country western music, read your bible, you saved, your soul is saved.