I've got a bad habit from switching Gmaj to any chord and back, I have to play each finger down individually, but this slows me down and I cant do it without laying them down individually any advice please?
practice going from each chord to G and then back. takes alot of time but builds character!
So it goes.
play g with your thumb and mute the A string.
Quote by the.spine.surfs

But really, asking the pit for relationship advice is like asking a girl with braces for a blowjob. Ouch.

Quote by Lil Macker
i first masterbated when i was... 10, i think
or was it 9...
yeah 10
and i'm catholic, don't tell the pope, i'll be holy watered
Quote by bassandcello
practice going from each chord to G and then back. takes alot of time but builds character!

+ 1

sounds like the TS is just learning to switch chords. its not a bad habit.... its just a matter of practice. Just keep practicing between chords, and soon it will be easy.
practise slowly changing the most drastic change possible and back constantly, only way =-/

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by rhakiath
play g with your thumb and mute the A string.

no. horrible idea. listen to the other guys who say to keep practicing, it'll come.
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
its not a horrible idea, practice would be better, but making the G a different shape forces you to move more fingers more drastically to shift, so it gets you comfortable with different shapes. thats how I learned. also helps since the F chord is in the same position and is an easy shift from that chord.

but in most cases practice will do more than solve the problem, it'll make you better and increase your control, so do that.
Quote by the.spine.surfs

But really, asking the pit for relationship advice is like asking a girl with braces for a blowjob. Ouch.

Quote by Lil Macker
i first masterbated when i was... 10, i think
or was it 9...
yeah 10
and i'm catholic, don't tell the pope, i'll be holy watered
Quote by branny1982
^for a beginner, that is a bad idea

the only way is practise!

I agree.

Just practice the chords the way they should be played. yeah, its gonna suck at 1st, but just practice. it gets easy soon enough.