Ok, I am ready to replace my head with a Mesa, but I cannot decide if the Single or dual would be better. Here is my dilemma. The single would be easier to crank due to it being 50W, but you lose a channel with the single. The dual would be much louder when I get to the point of a good breakup, but I will get a 3rd channel that the single doesn't have. I don't think the sound quality between the single and dual will be great, but I just cannot seem to decide which one would be better for me. I have a 100W cabinet, so a Triple is out of the question. Granted I cannot think of any place that I play where I would actually crank the dual, but I would like to have that added headroom just in case. What would you do if you were faced with this dilemma?
Current Rig:
Splawn Quickrod
Marshall 1960BX
Electrics:
Les Paul with Dirty Fingers
Kramer
Acoustics:
Hohner
Ibanez
Pedals:
Isp Decimator
Cry Baby Wah
MXR MX108 10 Band EQ.
BBE Green Screamer
i'd go dual. i had one and i got some some pretty good tones out of it when it was quieter, it didn't get muddy at all.
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
i've heard the single recto has more aggression than duals and triples, and just overall sounds better (not just bass and shrieky treble).
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
I'd go for the single, you'll be able to crank it more without going deaf/killing kittens
WTLTL 2011
single id say but if you get a dual you could always get a atteunator (sp?) and still have headroom if you need it