I'm not sure if this goes in here but anyway...
I have a standard strat that's making a buzzing noise when i plug it in. But whenever I touch anything metal, including the strings, bridge, the springs in the back or the tuning knobs the noise goes away. I'm pretty sure it's not the amp or cable because I have tried it with multiple amps with the same effect. Sometimes the noise goes away but it always comes back eventually. I don't think it's picking up interference from anywhere either.

Help asap would be appreciated.
It's a grounding issue. Do you also get occasional shocks?
Make sure your amp has a 3 prong power cable.
Also get an anti-noise plug, which will make sure its not your electrical supply introducing interference

Otherwise try playing in the dark and see if that lessens it
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
yea uhh can u play things through your amp without touching sumthing metal...try wearing ur guitar with a strap a leaning over making sure ur not touching it at all and pick the strings and see if it plays through your amp, if it doesnt and the buzzing continues, a wire is most likely disconnected from your input on your guitar....happened to me a couple weeks back
Quote by DagMX
It's a grounding issue. Do you also get occasional shocks?
Make sure your amp has a 3 prong power cable.
Also get an anti-noise plug, which will make sure its not your electrical supply introducing interference

Otherwise try playing in the dark and see if that lessens it

yeah, i was thinking along the same line, i play with a drumline and we have to use a portable battery to power our amp and that's when the problems first occurred. But now it happens at home and I never had a problem before. And my amp at home does have a 3 prong cable.

Quote by ibikinz
try to lower your volume?? what amp u have?

At home I use a fender 25r, but i play with a larger amp for drumline and i get the same problem...
Quote by octopig
yea uhh can u play things through your amp without touching sumthing metal...try wearing ur guitar with a strap a leaning over making sure ur not touching it at all and pick the strings and see if it plays through your amp, if it doesnt and the buzzing continues, a wire is most likely disconnected from your input on your guitar....happened to me a couple weeks back

yeah, i can still play without touching the guitar, but the noise gets really annoying.
What kind of noise is it exactly?
Is it like a loud buzzing and does ur volume drop? then thats a loose jack connection
Is i a humming? Thats eithe rinterference(tur of all the lights) or a grounding issue
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by DagMX
What kind of noise is it exactly?
Is it like a loud buzzing and does ur volume drop? then thats a loose jack connection
Is i a humming? Thats eithe rinterference(tur of all the lights) or a grounding issue

It's more of a loud buzzing, but if my volume dropped then it wasn't a huge loss because I don't really notice that much. How would I fix a loose jack connection if that is the problem?
first thing i would suspect is the cable/lead that connects your guitar to the amp.

the ground connections can work loose, causing intermittent buzzing.

either try with a new lead, or unscrew the two jack plugs and check the solder is good. if not, just heat it up with an iron.

second thing to check is the actual ground connection inside your guitar.

take the metal plate from the connector where you plug the jack in. make sure both wires inside there are well soldered. if not, reflow with an iron.