i need some help on deciding what pickup im going to buy for my guitar,
i'm in a metal band and ive found that the standard pickups that are on my axe just arent cutting it, i would get a dimebucker but i think that its pointless having one if my guitar's not got a floyd rose. im only going to get a bridge pickup so can anyone give me any advice on which one would be best?
thanks
mitch
Well the dimebuckers meant to be **** anyways - he uses bill lawrences have a look at them if you want something similar to his tone
just cuz it doens't have a FR doesn't mean a dimbucker wouldn't do....that's bogus actually lol, FR does NOT affect ur humbucker.

and if you want dime's humbucker, get a Bill Lawrence (cheaper big time) pup b/c that is what he used (CFH) in his guitar, dimebucker is just prolly a LIL bit hotter but costs way more than you should spend on it. seriously, a Bill Lawrence would be the pup of choice to replicate Dime's humbucker
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Loooooooord
What guitar do you have
Where do you live
Whats your budget
What styles

Insert '?'s' after all of those

^ And Slashrocks2005, the Dimebucker isn't any hotter, it's rather bland sounding and generally nowhere near as good as the BL
And FR does affect your pickup, in the way that it changes the spacing you need
what amp too

its probably your amp actually
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
I suggest maybe a Duncan Distortion or Super Distortion. Bill Lawrence pickups are good as well, Dime used a 500XL.
Loooooooord
What guitar do you have
Where do you live
Whats your budget
What styles

Insert '?'s' after all of those

epiphone les paul through a spider 2 120 2x10
england
£100 max
pantera, lamb of god, parkway drive, killswitch,bls
^ And as forsaknazrael says it's the amp that does it and the Spiders are of course, not terribly reknowned, plus the 10 inch drivers could probably be viewed as being too small for 'metal', a less full sound perhaps
i like the sound my amps making and the clarity of it but the les paul i have its one of those "special" things, its got bottom end pickups on it and the only reason i keep it and am playing it is because unusually for a cheap guitar it has a really nice neck i was thinking about getting barekuckle nailbombs
It's NOT going to make a difference. The Spider is not going to let the subtle details of a nice pickup show.

Trust me.

If you like the sound your amp is making, why do you want to change pickups? Trust me on this. Your amp is like 70% of your tone. So if you've got a crappy amp (which you do), and don't like your tone, it's your amp. Pickups are a smaller part of your tone than you think.
fair enough, im just going to have to make do with the spider for now until i can afford a better amp, probably a 4x12 with a valve head
alright will do, to be honest if i get a significant amount of money saved im really tempted with getting a krank revolution or krankenstein, just to be different, all of my friends are wanting mesa dual rectifiers or marshall jmvs. and theyre proven as good metal amps, i just need to get a good job in the next few months so i can start saving
yeh im in the uk so i will look em up on ebay,
if i get a krank though i will be getting it from stateside, i can get one almost half the price of what i can get one over here
Bill Lawrence L500XL turned backwards if you want true Dime sound
RIP:
"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
Clifford Lee Burton

You'll all be missed

Disciple of Åkerfeldtism
seymour duncan distortion, if you want something active, dont get an emg they suck balls, they dont sound good when compared to a seymour duncan blackout and the blackouts are cheaper too.
Quote by convictionless
you DO need a half stack, because there awsome :P

damn right lol, its not the fact that you need the speakers because you really dont, they just look more imposing and much better onstage
Quote by Corrupted~Soul
yeh im in the uk so i will look em up on ebay,
if i get a krank though i will be getting it from stateside, i can get one almost half the price of what i can get one over here

If you get it stateside you're not going to get away without having pay
If you get it shipped it will cost a horrific ammount and even if you bring it home on a plane with you there'll still be import charges and tax, which also prevents us Brits from escaping the scary prices on Mesa amps by importing them across the pond

Engl would deffinately be a worth of a look at, i'm looking to get one for both clean and metal whence I deem it necessary

But you don't need a 4x12, a 2x12 is by far enough