Hope this is in the right forum.

I’m interested in starting to learn to play guitar. My price range is £178 ($350ish) I’d like to play quite a lot of different music, but mostly metal and rock. Stuff like Megadeth, Metallica, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Foo Fighters, Bullet for my Valentine, My Chemical Romance and Motorhead. (just the first few bands on my MP3 at the moment). I’d liked to experiment with some other forms of music though, not just play what I like. I need to get it off the ‘net, as I don’t know of any music stores any where near me and there’s more choice. I live in England, and would rather order from here as I don’t want to have to wait weeks and pay loads to get it shipped from abroad. I’d rather have it in a pack so I get it all at the same time, but if I can better stuff individually then I suppose I should do that. I’m looking for the cheapest guitar I can get that’s going to last me a few years, I don’t really want to have to spend all my money but if I have to I will. I’m going to be teaching myself with the help of a few friends who play guitar, so some recommendations on a self-teach book would be great as well. Thanks in advanced for anyone who reads this, I wrote quite a bit. Advice would really be appreciated.
try out a Yamaha Pacifica, bought one as a first guitar and I still play on it sometimes..
It's a great guitar for its price.

(make sure you buy the 112 instead of the 012, the alder body is way better)
keep saving and buy a les paul prophecy or an over 400 ltd.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Quote by edge11
keep saving and buy a les paul prophecy or an over 400 ltd.

I can't keep saving. I'm not going to be getting anymore money for a while. Thanks for the links BigRat, but I need to get a whole kit. I'll look into the other suggested guitars, links where I could get them would be great.

Edit: I've had a look into them, they all seem to be over my price range. I need to get everything for about 180 pounds. This is why a pack would be a great.
Last edited by AoAXoX at Jan 28, 2008,