So I woke up today and turned on my computer and monitor and my monitor doesn't work. The little light on it turns on (and my actual computer works fine) but the LCD part of the monitor just stays blank and does nothing. This is a $500 24in monitor that I just bought like 4 and a half months ago. F*ck. And I thought life sucked enough already...
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
wut i would do first is check in ur control panel for hardware and see if the computer is recognizing the monitor (go to start then control panel) thats if u have windows, if u have mac than i dont know. 2nd thing u could do is disconnect the monitor and re-hook it back up and try again. 3rd thing would be to take the monitor to another computer and plug it into that one to see if it works. and last thing would be to take it back to where u got it and ask them if they could checki it out for you. hope this helps
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
TS, what kind of monitor/computer? Is it a DVI connection or VGA? I have the same problem on my old-ish Viewsonic. usually, my monitor won't "see" that computer is on and then it goes into automatic power save mode. I have go through a very precisely timed series of power switches in order to get my monitor to turn on.
I'm on my ****ty, barely working laptop atm. I'm just pissed because I just got that monitor and now I'm out a lot of money.

malmsteenkid, thanks for the suggestions but the LCD screen on the monitor does not even come on, like it's not being powered or something. I've checked all the cables and tried to run a monitor self-test as described on Samsung's website by starting it up with only power hooked but the same thing happened.

I built the computer myself and it's using a DVI connection. Like I said the monitor will power on but it will just be a blank black screen on the LCD screen like how it would look if it wasn't powered on (but I know it is because the little blue light in the corner came on). Sorry if that's a little confusing that's the best way I can think of to describe it. It was working fine last night before I went to sleep and I wake up, try to turn it on, and bam, broken.
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Last edited by Op3th at Jan 27, 2008,
If it's broke after 4 and a half months then it should still be under manufacturers warranty.

I'm assuming you've checked out all the connections here.
Have you tried the monitor on another computer? It could be your computer thats ****ed