This is a fairly noobish question.

In classical tremolo picking, for example the one in Recuerdos de la Alhambra, are you supposed to pick the tremolo pattern with 2 fingers (mim) or 3 fingers? (ami) ?

Meh, I should get lessons. Thanks in advance.

The pattern is tabbed as following:

3/4, 76 - 92bpm
     |         |         |             |         |         |      
E-|---------------------------------|---------------------------------|
B-|--t5---t5---t5---t5---t3---t3----|--t1---t1---t1---t1---t3---t3----|
G-|------------5---------4----------|------------2---------4----------|
D-|-------2---------2---------2-----|-------2---------2---------2-----|
A-|--0------------------------------|--0------------------------------|
E-|---------------------------------|---------------------------------|
 [color="Red"]([U]A) [B]t4                  t2            t1                  t2  [/B] [/U]    [/COLOR]
          1    3    1    3    1             2    3    2    3    1    
   ¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨
Last edited by Tommy[fin] at Jan 28, 2008,
3 fingers (ami) is the classical technique give me a moment till I search the song out a bit.

well they're fourths allright - but I'm not sure about the ami part it could be that you're supposed to play with the pink at the same time as the thumb it does sound a bit that way.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Last edited by FretboardToAsh at Jan 27, 2008,
I think the normal tremolo picking would suffice but it could be he's using this technique
t-a-m-i
p
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
its played p-i-m-a, with the thumb playing the bass notes whilst the ring middle then index fingers play the tremolo. btw awesome piece once you've got it down
Quote by nao_guy
its played p-i-m-a, with the thumb playing the bass notes whilst the ring middle then index fingers play the tremolo. btw awesome piece once you've got it down

Yeah, that's what I originally thought. The question was how many fingers are playing the actual tremolo. I think I can get in in a few weeks of hard practise.

EDIT: I'm suspended now, I broke my D-string playing slap...
pami for three-beat tremolo
piami for four-beat tremolo
pimami for five-beat tremolo

recuerdos de la alhambra is played with classical pami