Advice sought - what is wrong with Behringer effects pedals that makes them SIGNIFCANTLY cheaper than Boss? Is there a distinctly audible difference? Thx.
Behringers aren't though out to be as productive as boss pedals are. Boss pedals usually contain a lot of features that can be used to create tons of tones with only 1 of their pedals, which are why they are more expensive then some other brands.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
just quality... i only play boss pedals, sure they are expensive but in my opinion they sound much better and are way more worth it
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass
Gallien-Kreuger Backline 600
ESP LTD EC-1000
Line 6 Spider III 75
neither are the most expensive pedals out there by a long shot
but sometimes i like behringer when i jsut want to try something out
and don't want to spend alot of money
Generally Boss is better, but it seriously depends on the effect you want. I mean for the price there are better for the most part.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
neither boss or behringer are exactly top-of-the-line stuff. Theres much better things out there. Why go cheap on something if you're not going to like it?
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
They're made of plastic, use cheap components, don't like most adapters other than Behringer (they'll be stuck on/led flashing all the time), and drain batteries really fast (and the battery compartment is confusing to get to), the input/output jacks and 9v slot don't seem 'tight' enough (my cables fall out...) Bypass is less than acceptable...... good enough for me.
Quote by entity0009
some retards decided it would be funny to use mental conditions as insults.