Does anybody else have a problem with soreness on their index finger knuckle due to strumming. On downstrokes I rub the strings with the knuckle and by the end of the night its raw. Just curious if this is unique to me?

Yes I know I should try not to lean the pick that much, but I do.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
Well if you rub the strings with your knuckle, of course its going to get sore lol.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
No.... The fingernail on my index finger hits first and gets worn down quickly.
Gear:
Ibanez SZ520
Yamaha EG112
Fender 212R
Digitech RP50
Boss DS-1
Behringer Hellbabe
Behringer Blues Overdrive
EHX Holy Stain
I have a callous from the top of my index fingernail to the first knuckle.. It will get better over time, it's just from your finger hitting the strings.
Use a pick?
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Have to give you props that the funniest post I read in a while
Quote by GogglesVK

hazardmaster has won this thread.

Fender Stratocaster 57' Reissue (Japanese)
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
I do. Unfortunately some people weren't born with a death-grip on the pick therefor your fingers slide down on it and your knuckle can end up hitting the string if your strumming aggressively.
... How are you rubbing it with your knuckle? Try positioning the pick various way to try to reduce the rubbing that happens.
yeap...happens to me...specially when playing something like reggae or ska...your constantly scratching the strings so my index finger usually starts bleeding....i wipe my strings and pickups after this lol......and my index finger nail is scr***d up coz of this....