Hi All... on the first bar of following tab/video... after the first chord is played twice there's a short lick and i'm sure i can hear six notes being played on the video but there only seem to be five shown on the tab... am i missing something?

Does it have something to do with the fact that the first note is a slide up to the 7th fret on the A string?... i don't see a slide being played on the video, but i'm quite new to this. How is that slide played... starting from which fret etc.?

Thanks for any help. Here are the tabs / video:

http://videoguitarlessons.guitarvoice.com/mod/resource/view.php?id=262
Yes its the slide. In the video he's doing a really quick hammer on from the fifth fret.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
I only counted 5 in the video
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by handlerb
Yes its the slide. In the video he's doing a really quick hammer on from the fifth fret.

Quote by toshiro umezewa
yeah, what you're hearing is the slide. It's a slide into from below, which means you hit a note somwhere lower than the note your sliding to and then slide to the note. Like, slide from 1 to the 7 on the low E string.

Ah, thanks guys... so in this case i can either:

-- play a note at the 5th fret and hammer on to the 7th fret, or

-- play a note at the 5th fret and slide to the 7th fret (if i chose to slide, i don't pluck the string again when i reach the 7th fret do i?).
Last edited by geetarmanic at Jan 27, 2008,